Cargo Vanning in Sub-Zero Weather

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not seeing many vanners out here on the road right now. Am I one of the crazy few to be out here in the daily sub-zero wind chill.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never did claim to be that smart. :D

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Never heard anyone accuse you of it, either.

Glad you got a sense of humor in all this adversity.

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I didn't have humor right now I would head home. Which is what I should do. Just want some more $$$ before my holiday break.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Not seeing many vanners out here on the road right now. Am I one of the crazy few to be out here in the daily sub-zero wind chill.

Did it for years, but now I have a sleeper with all the comforts including heat. Won't catch me vanning again.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Is it normal for there to be 100+ semis lined up to cross the Ambassador at 22:06 on a Tuesday night?!?! WTH??

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
EMT Auburn Hills. Hopefully Meijer doesn't kick me out. Sporting the not-so-quiet Hyundai generator. And Econ mode isn't gonna cut it tonight. Wish me luck!!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Do y'all insulate your vans somehow? If so what's do you use? I wanna figure out how to quite my new van down and help her stay a tad warmer

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How do you get "wind chill" inside a van?

Leaks. Every vehicle has a leak or two.

About insulation: I'm using 3/4" foam insulation board for the job. Next time I'll use 1 1/2" board, it doesn't weigh appreciably more but the R-value increase is significant. As it is, when I'm standing down for a bit the Big Buddy has been handling the heat job OK. One burner only if it's above 10F, two burners may be necessary below zero F.