Cargo Van Tips

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Rev Dave, My Ford E-350 has a 7.3L diesel manufactured by International. They are magnificent beasts. Very reliable, but since 2002. they are obsolete. The newer 6.0L has a very mixed record. Hopr that helps.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I use "Howes Lubricator" in both my F 250 & E 350, I guess at what is an ounce or two at each fill up. The E 350 gets 20 mpg with 2400 lbs in it, to about 23.5 empty as long as I stay under 65 mph.
P.S
on today's front page under News Items head lines
"Bolt Express introduces new cash advance program" the article doesen't tell or explain anything. I work for Bolt and have heard nothing about it. Anyone out here with knowledge of this program?

not certain what is "new" about this program. i ran a s/t last year and always got the fuel advance on the comdata card. i talked to one of the driver cs guys(can't remember names right now) and was told this is for s/t and t/t. there is no fuel advance for the van fleet even though we have the same relative expenses. bolt will advance fsc to you at the current bolt usuary rate.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Improve your comfort level by purchasing Sirius Satelite radio. It helps on those long drives through the Texas Country....Believe Me....I just bought the Stilleto 2 the other day and can now record my favorite music and take it with me outside (since it's portable.) downside...you can't listen to it live indoors unless you have it hooked up to an antenna with docking station. the antenna must be outside. but you can listen to your recorded music without the antenna.:D