cargo, sprinter with load 1

Jeff35

Seasoned Expediter
just would like to know if there are any cargo or sprinter drivers with load 1 in eo land .
would like some info on them good or bad

just want to keep all options open (being they are close to home)
thanks for all your help

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
Who are you talking about? Where are they located? I looked up load 1 and they don't have a DOT or MC #. I found a load one express in Memphis but they only have 2 trucks and 2 drivers. They didn't report any miles driven in 2007 so they are either brand new or they are not very busy.

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
Well, that shows how far out of the loop I am. But it still makes me wonder about a mc or dot#. Must be a DBA or a sub. of another company.

Last edited:

Jeff35

Seasoned Expediter
greg they are located in taylor mi on inkster between northline ang eureka its the 13000 block

thanks for any info you can get

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
met one in greenville michigan last thursday at federal mogul...i had a load going to mossville ill 330 miles, his was going to griffin georgia 800 miles.he said there doing better now that panther sells the loads to them...happening way to much...

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
Okay, I found them, they are listed as Load One LLC. According to their MCS-150 filed for 2007 they ran 7,220,000 miles for the year and had 74 drivers. That works out to something over 74,000 miles per driver. Hope this helps.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
jeff, what did they tell you?
74 trucks is a smaaaall firm. what is the mix of trucks, t/t, strt, sprints and vans?
do they have their own customer base? do they have their own sales people?
what is their freight mix?
how much nlm?
is their primary focus p2 overload?

just because a company is near your home it is not a good reason to select them as you will not be doing local runs requiring you to load at their terminal and then deliver. more than likely you will be hundreds of miles from home when you are dispatched. if you are looking at them to get you a load out that can be done by any of the companies on eo. a load home? different story entirely. i hear from other drivers about delivering to wisc. beats me how they do it.:confused:

Jeff35

Seasoned Expediter
jack berry i dont know to much about them thats why iam asking around
alls i know so far is they do have own costermers, they do have auto frieght not sure the % and as of recently they are getting some of p2 overload but trying to set it up to get it all
as for them being close has nothing to do with if i would consider them or not vfor the same reasons u described

thanks for the in put