Capitalism in China

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I'd rather eat a dog then a possum(the meat of choice in Alabama,fresh or peeled from the black top,don't matter).Served best with squirrel gravey,"yee haw,now we livin'Ma".

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>
>I'd rather eat a dog then a possum(the meat of choice in
>Alabama,fresh or peeled from the black top,don't
>matter).Served best with squirrel gravey,"yee haw,now we
>livin'Ma".
>

H*ll Tallcal, what yanked your chain so hard this past week to hate a whole good ol' boy state?

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Excellent question Greg.I really am trying to exorcize that part of me that went a little over the top on this subject.
Not sure which ex fleet owner out there has blessed the day they got into their own truck and did away with the fleet.(Highway Star)?
Well,I have my days when that seems the best answer.It revolves around drivers(da).
I have come to the conclution that so many drivers have been lied to,not paid and generally abused,that they cannot recogize when someone is being honest,pays as agreed, and really cares about their well being.So,when I have to call the local auhorities in Silicagua to find my truck in the woods,becuse somebody chased somebody else with a shotgun,and they hid in my turck,and decided not to call me for 3 days,it's time to make some fundimental changes.
I mean,FRDEX did a back ground on these morons,and still this insanity happens.Not to mention,the next couple,who once again came with a FEDEX stamp of approval,who could bearly read and write(every third word)and spoke in some jiberish that only a first cousin(read brother)could understand.They had a fight,in front a shop crew at a TA over $68.00 that disrupted the shop to the point they almost had to call the cops!!!It was not even their $68.00,it was mine!!
Anyway,God bless all the good people of Alabama(I actally have some very good friends from there,who would string me up if they read this),but none of my future drivers will have a CDL from there.
Now,I think its off my chest.
Say,how about that catty dubya,getting up close and personal with the Prime Minister of Germany.God I was so proud to be an American and represented by such a,lets see whats the right word,gee,I think I've run out them,oh well,fill in the blanks.
Looks like things are moving right along on the road to democracy in Iraq.Let see,only 100 civilians a day being slaughtered in the name of democray.Putin was right at the G8,if Iraq is Americas idea of demacracy,he will pass.Went right over w's head.He was to busy thinking how he could get his hands on the German Frauline
I'll bet Laura ripped him a new one.
Check out Doonsbury today,classic.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just to set the record straight, I've never been a fleet owner, just a cargo van O/O from Northern Michigan, which is a LONG way from 'Bama. Raceman had a couple of trucks and, if I'm not mistaken, it was driver issues that caused him to give up on it. I have no desire to be a fleet owner. I read enough here in the forum to make me want to stay away from that. Sorry to hear you're having problems Tall. You may have gone a bit over the top, but I can see what drove you there.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You wouldn't really reject someone because they were licensed in Alabama, would you? It might just be where they got the CDL. I got mine originally in Missouri, & I never lived there, and had I known the dang test required parallel parking a 53" trailer in BOTH directions, I might have waited till I got home, lol.
;)