Canadian Government spending!

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Good night, no more. I am tired of it. It's too windy out. Hot. Might storm later.

Is this the 'easy' way through life, nope, it is the most difficult, and the most rewarding.

i can see who choses the easy way .

please oh great one tells us lazy stupid people how to do it . you have all the answers on everything . from 1950s but so far none from 2012 . there is more then one channel on the tv now so dont be afriad to change the channel .there is alot more that you are missing . or maybe when you are driveing around you stop at some of those towns and try to get a job see how easy it is . show the people it is as easy as you say it .

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
i can see who choses the easy way .

please oh great one tells us lazy stupid people how to do it . you have all the answers on everything . from 1950s but so far none from 2012 . there is more then one channel on the tv now so dont be afriad to change the channel .there is alot more that you are missing . or maybe when you are driveing around you stop at some of those towns and try to get a job see how easy it is . show the people it is as easy as you say it .

Not raining here yet.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Its strange really, or maybe I should chalk it up as divine intervention......you know, God does work in mysterious ways. I literally just got finished watching my old Pastor's sermon from Feb. 26th and opened up the soapbox and the comment above was the first one I read.

First off, let me explain why my family and I know longer go to his Church. Logistics. The Church is about 45 minutes from our home and everything was hunky-dory until we had kids. The almost 2 hour trek from Church to home was interrupting our two little one's naps. Also, I was part of the media ministry and I was unable to devote enough of my time to properly fulfill my duties. My family and I have found a new Church that is only 5 minutes from the house and we are now able to participate and have fellowship with many from our town we live in and are involved in many things to help our local families, which is very important to me. Anyway, I've struggled mightily for the last 3 years being away from my old Church and miss it very much, but I still stay in touch with many of the parishioners as well as the Pastor.

Which brings me to the reason I responded to this particular post. A week before this sermon my heart was heavy with sorrow on the state of our country, Christianity and politics as a whole. The soapbox, other Christians that I know and particulary my brother-in-law who is a Christian, card carrying Tea Party guy, Don't Tread on Me, Obama is a Muslim, the world is going to end kinda guy. I love 'em like a brother and would do anything for him(unfortunately when we talk politics, its like I'm listening to the soapbox.........most of you would love 'em), plus I'm stuck with him :)

So I called my Pastor and he and I met to talk about these things that were on my mind. My Pastor and I don't see eye-to-eye on everything(except for the Bible) and I found that to be even more so after our 2 hour long chat had ended. The one thing that was clear to both of us and what we both agreed upon was that, the state of our Union and all things political and religous isn't the fault of the Government but of we the people. Period. As he was walking me out of the Church he said two things to me. One, It was funny that we were having this discussion and he had recommended that I attend next weeks sermon because we was going to address many of the things we had just talked about. Two, he say's to me, "You know, Obama isn't even black, he's half white, half black." That one took me back a bit and I wondered why even brought up at that point. I'm still trying to figure that one out. But, I don't want to take away from his message and what is perception of the World today is.

Please, please, I would prefer if you were going to comment on his sermon to leave the whole, "He should lose his tax-exempt status for the Church, blah, blah, blah", start another thread about that if you think its important enough.

I wasn't planning on rambling on like I have and I apologize for that but I started typing and here I am. With that said, I would like to share with you and the participants of the forum my beloved Pastor's message from Feb. 26th.

Click on the link and scroll down to the title, "Recovery the Fumble in Government".

New Promise Church; Kirtland, Ohio - Media Manager

Before I listen to the sermon, I wanted to share some thoughts on politics and church. My thought is too many people are turning from God to Government. Church used to be the ultimate charity, that would give you a hand until you could get back on your feet. Now, it's an all day smorgasbord of welfare, unemployment, and SSI. People do not understand that this is THEIR duty to THEIR families to get off their donkeys and get to work, regardless of where said work is. They need to listen to their conscience, their pastors, anyone with work ethic; but NOT their SSI attorneys. In order to get this country working again, people need to step up and take the jobs still available.

Now, onto the Obama-black/white thing. I think I see why your pastor is saying this. I went to my mom's Phi Beta Cappa ceremony last week, and the keynote speaker was a black man who went on and on about Obama living the dream, and blah blah how he wrote so many books about him, and blah blah blah get Detroit going again. I wanted to scream from the balcony, "DID YOU KNOW HE'S HALF VANILLA?" Sometimes people need to hear the truth to get them off their high horse. Some people need to know Obama is not some mythical beast... just a man.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That was one of the most right on sermons I've ever heard. I recommend it to everyone here. The only question remains... Can we pick up the ball, or is it too late?

clcooper

Expert Expediter
I'd agree... but his worshippers make him what he is. It all starts with them.
which type worshippers the ones that cant think . the ones full of hate . etc .

and for on topic
"This is a government that's telling Canadians that the cupboard is bare, it's telling seniors they're going to work an extra two years. So if you're going to talk the talk, they need to walk the walk,"

i see alot of talk but not to many are doing the walk