Can i screw into the floor of promaster in the front floor?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Not sure if itll work or not but id like to remove the passenger seat and screw 90 degree braces into the floor and to a refrigerator to hold it in place there

Will i be able to do this? If not whats other options to sucure a mini fridge to the front flooring?

Id also like to attach a microwave the same way to the top of the fridge but idk about drilling holes in a microwave. I think a fridge could probably take short ones. If not maybe just use braces to create a tight hole to set it in.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure if itll work or not but id like to remove the passenger seat and screw 90 degree braces into the floor and to a refrigerator to hold it in place there

Will i be able to do this? If not whats other options to sucure a mini fridge to the front flooring?

Id also like to attach a microwave the same way to the top of the fridge but idk about drilling holes in a microwave. I think a fridge could probably take short ones. If not maybe just use braces to create a tight hole to set it in.

Why not remove seat and place plywood over frame attached to floor and secure your fridge and microwave there?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I remember reading somewhere that you can't remove the seat since it will light up the air bag light. The only way to not have a passenger seat is to order the van without one.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: westmicher

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I remember reading somewhere that you can't remove the seat since it will light up the air bag light. The only way to not have a passenger seat is to order the van without one.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
https://www.expeditersonline.com/forums/threads/front-passenger-seat-removed.65618/#post-728068

I'm not positive, but I think if you disable the passenger airbag (without reprogramming the computer, which a dealer will not do), or even run around with the idiot light on, the driver and side airbags won't deploy, either.

schwanman

Expert Expediter

Promaster.com forum

Reactions: Turtle and ntimevan

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup. Thought about doing that too. But I was too concerned about being hit with a projectile frozen Flying J leftover hotdog. Ya, if the rollover didn't kill ya, a frozen hot might finish the job. Bummer. Lol.....

Really, any modifications from the original could raise safety, legal and insurance issues...in addition to a very bad headache from being hit by a frozen hotdog. IMO.

Reactions: ntimevan

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
well damn, I wasn't aware of that I thought you could remove the seat.

Not sure how ill incorporate a fridge then as I want to be able to take 3 skids vs having a set sleeper. Maybe I can find one that's skinny enough to be kept against the wall or one i can put in the floor in front of the pass seat. Or set and secure a small one on top of the seat as long as its not going to block my mirror.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I have no idea if it's still done. On older Fords you can turn off the passenger air bag..Also under the seat the wiring €has a plug.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So if I can turn the pass airbag off, does that mean I can remove the seat?
No. Not without the warning light staying on.
When you do that, if you know, when the warning light is on because of the missing passenger seat, does just the passenger side airbag cease to function, or does that also kill the driver side airbag? I've read conflicting reports on that.

Reactions: Treadmill

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
When you do that, if you know, when the warning light is on because of the missing passenger seat, does just the passenger side airbag cease to function, or does that also kill the driver side airbag? I've read conflicting reports on that.
Only one way to find out for sure... Chrysler won't tell us. I suspect all the other bags would fire, but don't bet your life on it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Turtle

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I say you could get a seat plug an tie the airbag wires together an be fine

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Chev leading the way with technology
Chev leading the way with technology
My 1998 Dodge Ram pickup( which I still have) has that feature as well.

Reactions: scottm4211

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Not quite as simple as that but if you could measure the resistance across the wires (without setting the air bag off) and place an equal resister in the circuit the module would have no idea.

Reactions: ntimevan

westmicher

Veteran Expediter

Actually, no. We have had a great deal of experience with these. The connection requires a very specific resistance.. it is NOT a normally open or normally closed circuit. The resistance is needed so the computer knows there is still a good firing circuit in the air bag. We have not ever had any luck faking it. Cut the air bag out of the seat and carefully mount it so it won't hurt you... hook it up. That's the only way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app