can I get a Expediting job

jrudd51

Seasoned Expediter
I got my cdl in 07 got a couple of speeding tickets less than 10 over lost job could not pay tickets suspended license got every cleared up june of 11 been driving medical people to and from there appointments would like to go over the road straight truck but cant afford to buy a truck is there such thing as company drivers

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Yes there is and you can if u have under 3 moving violations in 3 years you can go with any company but if you have more you have to go with companies who make you have your on commercial insurance because a companies insurance will not approve or it will cost tomuch and cut into there pocket.. :) hope this helps a little

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Yes there is and you can if u have under 3 moving violations in 3 years you can go with any company

I would have to say that this is not a true statement. You make it sound as if all companies have company drivers..untrue.

You also make it sound that if you have less than 3 moving violations in 3 years that you can join any company.. again, untrue.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think that getting a "job" in expedited is hard anyway. There just aren't that many regular jobs in this field. Most are independent contractors, which is hugely different than a job-- where you get paid holidays, vacations and the like.

About getting signed on as an IC... You'll just have to ask some outfits. Without knowing more about your record than we do, and without being able to match that record up with individual companies' policies, there's no way for us to know. Some outfits are real sticklers, and anything wrong is enough for them to say "No", and other companies seem to require only that you possess a pulse and they'll sign you on. So, I reckon you'll just have to ask some companies.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I got my cdl in 07 got a couple of speeding tickets less than 10 over lost job could not pay tickets suspended license got every cleared up june of 11 been driving medical people to and from there appointments would like to go over the road straight truck but cant afford to buy a truck is there such thing as company drivers

I think what the guys are saying is that there is a difference between what the DOT allows/requires for you to have and keep a CDL and what some of the companies allow.

Example, by DOT regulations, we are required to have our truck inspected once a year but the company we are leased to requires twice.

It would work the same with your violations, some companies have strict rules within the company as to what they will or will not accept.

Hope that made sense.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Use some **** punctuation.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
I would have to say that this is not a true statement. You make it sound as if all companies have company drivers..untrue.

You also make it sound that if you have less than 3 moving violations in 3 years that you can join any company.. again, untrue.

I dont think any of those are untrue. I have talked about the moving violations and most let you have max mv of three for cargovan. Just trying to give a fellow newb insight on what i have learner

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Newbs educating newbs. Gotta love that.

Doesn't matter who's insurance you have, what matters to a carrier is under which authority you are running. If you have more than three-in-three, most carriers won't touch you regardless of who's insurance you have, because three-in-three is an indication there will be four-in-four and five-in-five, and they don't want the CSA 2010 points which are likely to accrue. Many carriers will take you on with three-in-three, but more and more those same carriers are moving the one-, two- and three-in-threes to the bottom of the list of potential contractors.

Carriers want clean MVRs. If they have a choice between a driver with a clean MVR and a driver with a dirty one, guess which one they'll pick?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"If they have a choice between a driver with a clean MVR and a driver with a dirty one, guess which one they'll pick?"

Depends on whether or not it is a quality carrier or "Fly-By-Night" expediting.

I doubt if any "good" carrier will pick someone up with that 3 in 3. Good chance if there is one that would they would not be the "BEST" company out there.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Lack of punctuation, improper spelling, crappy writing won't help either. Sure, I agree that has nothing to do with your driving skills, but if your app goes to the bottom of the pile you may never get to prove what a good employee you may be.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I dont think any of those are untrue. I have talked about the moving violations and most let you have max mv of three for cargovan. Just trying to give a fellow newb insight on what i have learner

But that is not what you said in your original post, you said if you have under 3 MV's you could go with any company. And I will say it again, that is untrue.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I don't have a problem with newbies helping newbies, but when you make blanket statements that are incorrect, then you are not helping anyone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums