Can anyone give me the 411 on Heavy Weight Enterprises-Fleet Owner with Panther?

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Stay away from Heavyweight. Don't believe a word of anything they tell you.
Unless you enjoy being taken atvantage of in every way possible.

Sent from my SM-N910V using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can't believe this has to be said, but you have to be very, very VERY careful about making unsubstantiated allegations about another entity, especially if you're a short-timer with absolutely no trusted history on these forums.

Reactions: ucfd608

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Well the funny thing is there has been how many people say this same stuff......this many "unsubstantiated allegations" there has to be something to it right? JMHO

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the funny thing is there has been how many people say this same stuff......this many "unsubstantiated allegations" there has to be something to it right? JMHO

Don’t try telling the shelled one he has seen many come An many go an tells them all the same

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well the even funnier is "a short-timer with absolutely no trusted history on these forums" refers specifically to you.

It really doesn't matter how many times an unsubstantiated allegation gets posted if they're all unsubstantiated.

We don't do that here.

ON the other hand, if you want to post an unsubstantiated allegation, and post your real name, address and phone along with it, we'd probably be OK with that. You get to own it when you do that, instead of dragging EO into it.

Reactions: RoadTime

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I tried sharing my personal experience with HWE, even posted a Very long story with the details. I also posted my personal phone number and was contacted by a few people with questions and I filled them in, hoping to save them from a bad experience.
I have not been here for enough time to be trusted at my word, but have not seen anyone else post their personal phone number in this open forum with an offer to answer questions and share experience.
I have documentation, texts , names, dates and more to back up everything I have said.
If someone is determined to fall for the tricks and the smoke and mirrors games, then I say go for it and good luck {accusation removed - Turtle}
If you read what I shared and don't heed the warning, it's not my problem.
Too many attitudes and Egos for me, I'm out a here .

Sent from my SM-N910V using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Too many attitudes and Egos for me, I'm out a here.
It's not about attitudes or egos, Snowflake, it's about the Code of Conduct. Be civil, be professional, treat others the way you want to be treated. It's pretty simple.

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
It's not about attitudes or egos, Snowflake, it's about the Code of Conduct. Be civil, be professional, treat others the way you want to be treated. It's pretty simple.
You don't see it Turtle, but it's your attitude and ego that have become a problem. How many people will you chase away, as this site fades into obscurity, before you resign for the good of all?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You don't see it Turtle, but it's your attitude and ego that have become a problem. How many people will you chase away, as this site fades into obscurity, before you resign for the good of all?

I have no experience with Heavy Weight Enterprise / Panther ...

But WOM its Monday and thats a Big Can of Worms that You just opened ...
I would love to see EO's numbers on Members in last 2 1/2 years .. active , new ,number of posts ... i don't have to be a Computer Wiz to figure that its went down hill big time ...

All i want is a Piece of the Pie ..

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
SNOWFLAKE? ... Really?
I came on here to provide information to those who were unable to find what they were looking for elsewhere, and after taking the time to share my Personal Experience and make myself available to answer questions... even going so far as providing my personal contact info so someone could hear from a former driver ( that's what was being searched for, by the way..) I get Spanked for doing so.

I have already deleted the App and as soon as I find where to delete my account, that will be done also.
Go ahead, kick me out, I'm done.
Instructions on how to delete my account will be appreciated.
Thank you . I have found the site useful and did my very best to provide information and to share my experience with others.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Every Admin and many of the Mods have had the same things said about them. Easy targets. Comes with the job. All I did was point out, rather politely, that people shouldn't post unsubstantiated allegations. And it immediately became my attitude and ego. Boom. One guy got his widdle feewings so hurt that he's throwing a temper tantrum.

Like I said, it's really simple, be civil, be professional, follow the Golden Rule, and you'll never get any crap from me.

Reactions: davekc and RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
SNOWFLAKE? ... Really?
Like, totally.

I came on here to provide information...I get Spanked for doing so.
Not by me you didn't. I haven't said one word to you, publicly or privately, about your posts.

In fact, behind the scenes I defended your posts, including the posts you made under your previous username. You began life on EO as a drive-by poster, but have since become the rare exception to that rule, and I defended you as such.

Here's a bit of the behind the scenes stuff. Back in November, amerbatal, the owner of HWE, made a request through EO's offices to have years-old unflattering posts about him and his company removed. He apparently lost a potential recruit when the recruit brought up the offending posts. I was not a part of the decision to accede to his wishes. I commented after the fact that wanting old, ancient posts removed is a little lame, IMNSHO, and a red flag, and noted that it's a good thing he isn't on Yelp. <snort>

Now that Panther is owned by ABF, I don't know how much of what I have to say is outdated, but Panther is semi-famous for it's tacit support of questionable fleet owners. As long as the fleet owner treats Panther right, Panther doesn't care how the fleet owner treats its drivers and will not get involved in a dispute. While there are definitely two sides to every story, and this one is no exception, I personally know some drivers who used to be with Heavyweight, and they are indeed disgruntled former contractors of HWE, many for the same reasons stated in this thread. Some are legitimately disgruntled, some not so much and are merely victims of their own misunderstandings. .

There are some carriers (and fleet owners), Panther immediately comes to mind because of five years of personal experience with them, who actively look for ways, little technicalities to use, to be able to not pay you what you deserve and what was promised. Some of those technicalities are out of the driver's control, but they use it against the driver, anyway. I would certainly hope that a change in ownership and a really embarrassing whoop-ass lawsuit has changed things at Panther, but I have not heard definitely either way.

But promises get made through a sieve of complicated obfuscations that give the driver a distinct expectation of an outcome, with the carrier or fleet owner knowing full well that the driver has misunderstood the parameters of a load or a promise. Instant disgruntled driver. Inexperienced drivers are taken advantage of, and many eventually think it's the norm and never question it until much later.

But EO isn't the place to hash all that out. Both sides get open to libel, and when it goes to court EO gets caught up in it. No thanks.

Posting personal experience is fine, great even. As long as you don't introduce unsubstantiated allegations.

I have already deleted the App and as soon as I find where to delete my account, that will be done also.
Yeah, because that's not snowflake-ish at all, is it. <snort>

Go ahead, kick me out, I'm done.
Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to log on here.

Instructions on how to delete my account will be appreciated.
You have to convince me or another Admin to manually delete your account. Since we don't do that, good luck.

Thank you . I have found the site useful and did my very best to provide information and to share my experience with others.
And we appreciate it. Clearly a lot more than you realize.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
It all started here Turtle when you called a regular member a "snowflake" and basically admonished his behavior in public.

So, I admonished you in public and called you a name in public. It's simple, lead by example.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It all started here Turtle when you called a regular member a "snowflake" and basically admonished his behavior in public.
I admonished him in public because his behaviour was public. After being reminded that he shouldn't post unsubstantiated allegations, he immediately posted that he wouldn't do it again, and then immediately after that posted another unsubstantiated allegation. Then he acted in pure snowflake fashion, and I called him on it. I simply stated that people shouldn't post unsubstantiated allegations in public, and he took exception to that.

So, I admonished you in public and called you a name in public. It's simple, lead by example.
It's not your job to admonish me or anyone else in public. And you certainly don't have the kind of authority or power here to admonish Staff.

Clearly, you don't want any part of any civil discourse in a PM, so what comes next shouldn't be any kind of surprise. You were warned what would happen if you continued, and you continued, so I guess you get your wish.