Can anyone give me the 411 on Heavy Weight Enterprises-Fleet Owner with Panther?

MacNathan

Active Expediter
I'm going thru the qualifying process with Panther at this time and would be a 'Fleet Contract Driver' for Heavy Weight Enterprises. Typical recruiter, dances you around when you press for hard answers. Can anyone give me the 411 on Heavy Weight/Panther?

Although new to Expediting, I have 34+ yrs T/T OTR experience with over 5 million miles (quit counting Apr 06 after hitting that milestone) with extensive Dry Van/Reefer experience in and out of FL. My CDL-A has XT endorsements (HazMat/Tanker/Doubles-Triples) and no tickets.

I'm suppose to go through orientation at Seville on Monday 12 Nov and have been trying to research Heavy Weight Enterprises. I haven't been able to find anything here or on 'The Truckers Report' about them. Read lots about Panther, which sounds like most trucking companies out there.

I take PAM (PizzAndMoaners) with a grain of salt. I'm a hyperactive overachiever who knows how to get the job done. Within a few weeks, my FM knows he can count on me and 'no' is rarely in my vocabulary. I know how the system works and I know how to work the system.

From all the various posts I've read, sounds like Expediting could be a rewarding second career.

Any info would be helpful!!!

MacNathan

Active Expediter
I checked their website earlier-doesn't give any real info. Google was no help either. Just wondering if anybody on EO had any insight. A lot of posts for Panther but nothing on Heavy Weight. Trying to go in with 'eyes wide open' b/c I see from various posts that finding a good Fleet Owner is hit or miss.

Thanks

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Have you asked for contact info for current [and former] drivers for Heavyweight? Because that's who I'd want the skinny from, and if the response is the evasive shuffle, that tells you something as well.
Oh - welcome to EO, and best of luck in your second career. :)

MacNathan

Active Expediter
Have you asked for contact info for current [and former] drivers for Heavyweight? Because that's who I'd want the skinny from, and if the response is the evasive shuffle, that tells you something as well.
Oh - welcome to EO, and best of luck in your second career. :)

I've been searching for HW drivers on all the boards and haven't found any yet. They won't give me any drivers to contact and the more I press them the faster they dance. I asked them if they offer a contract and they wouldn't send it to me, I have to sign it at orientation.

I think I'm going to pass on them.

Thanks for your input!

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
You don't mention what they are offering you pay wise and what they say you will be responsible for as far as expenses.

MacNathan

Active Expediter
They were offering 62¢/mile plus 100% FSC and I pay for the fuel. Which is mute b/c in post #6 I mention that I passed on the offer cuz I couldn't get any straight answers out of them.

Thanks for your reply!

moose

Veteran Expediter
we don't see many SOLO truckers that successfully make the switch into expedite.
the revenue simply not there.
what size of vehicle are you aiming at ?
there are MANY posts on this EO thing about large expedite carriers 'helping' fleet owners to spin the revolving doors on new recruits. please take the time to research those.
simply use the search option on top to look up words of interest. use the " " when searching.
also central Florida, for the most parts, is way out of the freight lanes.
be careful, Expedite is NOT trucking !
good luck.

legit1

Active Expediter
I'm going thru the qualifying process with Panther at this time and would be a 'Fleet Contract Driver' for Heavy Weight Enterprises. Typical recruiter, dances you around when you press for hard answers. Can anyone give me the 411 on Heavy Weight/Panther?

Although new to Expediting, I have 34+ yrs T/T OTR experience with over 5 million miles (quit counting Apr 06 after hitting that milestone) with extensive Dry Van/Reefer experience in and out of FL. My CDL-A has XT endorsements (HazMat/Tanker/Doubles-Triples) and no tickets.

I'm suppose to go through orientation at Seville on Monday 12 Nov and have been trying to research Heavy Weight Enterprises. I haven't been able to find anything here or on 'The Truckers Report' about them. Read lots about Panther, which sounds like most trucking companies out there.

I take PAM (PizzAndMoaners) with a grain of salt. I'm a hyperactive overachiever who knows how to get the job done. Within a few weeks, my FM knows he can count on me and 'no' is rarely in my vocabulary. I know how the system works and I know how to work the system.

From all the various posts I've read, sounds like Expediting could be a rewarding second career.

If you are smart, stay far far faaaarrr away from Heavy Weight Enterprises. I am speaking as a former driver. The owner does not care about his drivers and will work you and not pay you. It is hard to get a hold of him as he never answers his office phone or his cell phone. Once again, stay far away from these people as I am seeking an attorney to sue them for refusing to pay me!

legit1

Active Expediter
I don't know about expediter services, but I do know heavy weight enterprises is a crook company that rips drivers off!

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

trux4life2019

Expert Expediter
I am a recruiter at Heavy Weight Enterprises Inc. Our fleet that includes a total of 40 Contractor Drivers and 4 office personnel servicing our contractors daily take pride in our organization being the most dynamic fleet owner in the Expedited Industry.

1. We offer New Model equipment 2011 and newer ONLY
2. Our Recruiting line is 888-974-3289 EXT 1
3. We are not for everyone but we are for the folks looking for best Fleet Owner in the business
4. We offer The highest rates to our drivers in the Expedited Industry, A comprehensive benefit package and now we offer a $3,000 sign on bonus

Check us out on Facebook and read our entire driver comments, We have happy drivers that care about our company and take pride driving our shiny late model equipment

I read someone's comment from back in December 2012 talking negatively about us, As mentioned we are not for everyone and cannot satisfy everyone.

Checkout our website Heavy Weight Enterprises Follow us on facebook www.facebook.com/heavyweightinc

Thank you for your interest in our company and good luck on the road.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I do wish you good luck but being hyper active is not always a strong trait for an expediter. For a solo it could even be detrimental.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If it is a solo, he better like teaming. It isn't likely regardless of carrier that a fleet owner is going to put a solo in a 2011 or newer truck. Ok....maybe.......if it is a Hino.;)

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I am a recruiter at Heavy Weight Enterprises Inc. Our fleet that includes a total of 40 Contractor Drivers and 4 office personnel servicing our contractors daily take pride in our organization being the most dynamic fleet owner in the Expedited Industry.

1. We offer New Model equipment 2011 and newer ONLY
2. Our Recruiting line is 888-974-3289 EXT 1
3. We are not for everyone but we are for the folks looking for best Fleet Owner in the business
4. We offer The highest rates to our drivers in the Expedited Industry, A comprehensive benefit package and now we offer a $3,000 sign on bonus

Check us out on Facebook and read our entire driver comments, We have happy drivers that care about our company and take pride driving our shiny late model equipment

I read someone's comment from back in December 2012 talking negatively about us, As mentioned we are not for everyone and cannot satisfy everyone.

Checkout our website Heavy Weight Enterprises Follow us on facebook www.facebook.com/heavyweightinc

Thank you for your interest in our company and good luck on the road.

Question I have is...........

Are you an actual trucking company....or just an "Investor" that has leased on a Few Trucks with both Panther and Express 1??

Can't find Heavy Weight Enterprises on SAFERWEB whatsoever............

Heavy Weight Enterprises as a "Trucking" Company.......whether it be a For Hire Carrier, Broker, Whatever, just does NOT exist in FMSCA's Book.

Plus.......during my search to find out who you guys are.....I noticed you guys are "Craigslist" HOUNDS. Why are ya'll placing several hundred ADS on Craigslist ALL OVER the Country looking for Drivers??? I mean.....How many Trucks do you actually have and how many more Drivers are you really needing?? How much $$$$ are you guys throwing out there to get drivers?? (Almost all the Ads offer $2000-$3000 Bonuses)

And.....One More Thing.........There's not exactly a Good Reputation going on out there amongst all the other "Trucking" Boards for Heavy Weight Enterprises...........

So.......to the Original OP.....as we've said here before.........RUN FOREST........RUUNNNNN!!!

noneya

Active Expediter
He is the owner of hwe. He offers bonuses and never pays them and he doesn't pay his drivers for their work done. This is why he posts ads on craigslist like crazy, he can't keep drivers long enough to keep the seat warm. To all who are interested in hwe, run forest runnnnnnn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Spedz13

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
He is the owner of hwe. He offers bonuses and never pays them and he doesn't pay his drivers for their work done. This is why he posts ads on craigslist like crazy, he can't keep drivers long enough to keep the seat warm. To all who are interested in hwe, run forest runnnnnnn!

There's always 2 sides to every story. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Brisco brings up some excellent points. [My fingers did not want to type that, lol.]
I'd be interested in the recruiter for HW's response, because they are legitimate concerns, not 'he said/she said'. If there are reasonable explanations, we'd like to know.
I'd also question the inability of potential drivers to see the contract before orientation - is that, [as Amanda Berry's rescuer said] "A dead giveaway"?
:confused: