Can anyone give me the 411 on Heavy Weight Enterprises-Fleet Owner with Panther?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im not sure he owes anyone any explanation who isn't interested in driving for them.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
With more than 10K members of EO, there could be an awful lot of potentially interested drivers & wannabees reading....
I've never been a recruiter, but I think I'd want people to have an accurate impression of whomever I represent.
I could be wrong, though - wouldn't be the first time, lol.
;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With more than 10K members of EO, there could be an awful lot of potentially interested drivers & wannabees reading....
I've never been a recruiter, but I think I'd want people to have an accurate impression of whomever I represent.
I could be wrong, though - wouldn't be the first time, lol.
;)

Oh i do agree it could help the company to state an honest rebuttal that was not my point though.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

trux4life2019

Expert Expediter
Brisco,

I am not sure what you referring to but the only negative comment we found on the entire web is what is posted on this thread on Dec 2012.

All other trucking boards say extremely positive feedback about Heavy Weight. The true judge of our company performance is our existing contract drivers that take pride in driving on our equipment.

You are correct we will not exist in the FMCSA book because we do not operate under our own authority. We operate under our Partner carriers authorities and they exist in the FMCSA book.

As far as our recruiting avenues. Craigslist is on vertical to bring Talent. We have a very health advertising campaign.

Our ultimate goal is to be a fleet owner of 100 power units so we can provide to 200 families in the expedited marketplace.

For more info visit our website or follow us on facebook. Thank you for your interest in HWE

tknight

Veteran Expediter
There seems something not legal about using others credentials to book loads !
I smell a rat.......

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I smell a rat.......

No rat if they are just another fleet leased to Panther.
If a good fleet, good deal.
If a crappy fleet, crappy deal.

I'm sure they have both.

Seniority is a word seldom used. When my father closed his last trucking operation he had guys with 30, 25,19,18 years. Heck it took my kid brother over ten years just to get a day shift.
My point, a useful statistic would be days in truck. If an owner told me he has ten drivers that combined have 55 years with him I would think GOOD OWNER.
If owner said I have 10 drivers and one has stuck with me over a year, I'd run, unless a new operation.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I smell a rat.......

What is likely the case is they are leased to Panther and use their authority to obtain loads outside of the company. We do the same thing. When using Panther's authority, you basically book the load and Panther takes 15 percent. Just another option to keep trucks moving.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Seem like there is no valid reason then to invest in your own authority if your just gonna use someone's numbers?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Having your own authority comes with many issues like few people willing to do business with you for 6 months, unless they don't plan to pay you, then they are eager to work with you. Then all the paperwork like logs, maintenance records, and driver credentials need to be tracked and recorded by you. That 15% is a deal compared to the headaches you face using your own authority.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
What Pallund says is true. At a certain volume you should be able to profit with the additional 15%.
Also, you get to play by your rules.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Volume would be the key as far as doing your own authority. We have done both and our current way seems to fit for what we do. Outside of the DOT requirements, the other big cost is collections and insurance. Or you use a factoring company. Of course they come at a cost as well.
We would exceed the 15 percent if we used our own authority exclusively.
Have to remember as well, the larger carriers have a decent fuel discount program that wouldn't be available to a smaller outfit.

Tkcdextro

Rookie Expediter
I worked for them and will tell anyone who is thinking about driving for this company to call me first. The names Andrew. I will gladly share my story and hopefully save you from a mistake. Also, I will fax or email you a copy of their contract that you don't get to see until you get to Seville, OH.

Last edited:

noneya

Active Expediter
I'm surprised XXXXXXXXX and his scam operation is still up and running as he goes through drivers like running water.

SENT FROM YA MAMA'S HOUSE

Last edited by a moderator:

rawans33

Rookie Expediter
I want to start off by saying I have been in Expedite for 10 years now. We are a husband & Wife Team of which we have spent our last 2 years as contract drivers for Heavy Weight.
<p>
<p>
We started out with 2012 Peterbilt, We were recently given a brand new 2014 Cascadia tractor. We have worked for owners that went belly up and owned poor equipment. That is not Heavy Weight as they have the money to run this business and to buy new equipment.
<p>
<p>
Heavy Weight houses a total of 50 drivers. As a senior team we worked with many owners and I must say Heavy Weight has been so far our best experience in expedite. We are always paid on time. We have received our $2000 Sign on bonus in full because we followed the sign on Bonus requirements.
<p>
<p>
Heavy Weight operates the best and newest equipment in the industry, dedicated office staff 24/7 to you and on call to resolve your issues, direct deposit for our settlements and much more. This is all very rare for a 25 truck company their size to offer this strong support
<p>
<p>
This company has been truly have been our drivers advocate and voice of reason with our carrier.
<p>
<p>
If you were that driver that did not receive your sign on bonus is because you did not fulfill the requirements, if you are the driver that abandoned your truck while on a load you really do not deserve to be in the industry. If you are the driver that signed a contract that you will give proper notice and you did not live up to your contract that is your fault. More over if you are the driver that abused his or her home time, that is not Heavy Weight issue it is yours.
<p>
<p>
My husband & I will be always be Heavy Weight as long as we are in the industry.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I worked for them and will tell anyone who is thinking about driving for this company to call me first. 423-620-3743. The names Andrew. I will gladly share my story and hopefully save you from a mistake. Also, I will fax or email you a copy of their contract that you don't get to see until you get to Seville, OH.

Not seeing the contract BEFORE you get to Seville is a big RED FLAG.

I know nothing about this company.

It's nice to see what you're getting into before you maybe leave another job and spend money to get there.

They know once at orientation, you've already made an emotional commitment. They may rush you through the contract process.

If it's a good deal you'd think they'd send the contract as soon as they approve your app. Let you study it, ask questions, and get to understand it.

A friend of mine, walked out if an Orientation many years ago in Seville for another company. He probably shouldn't have even made the trip.

rawans33

Rookie Expediter
My Husband and I contract is straight forward. What we get paid, Paperwork rules, don't quit without notice, don't abuse hometime and don't abandon truck. We asked to look at the contract before we came on board before we are experienced drivers and they emailed us a copy. You don't ask for it that is your problem not Heavy Weight . Say you are bringing your own truck to Panther you don't ask for your contract before you get there and as you said make an emotional decision after you get there. that is on you for not asking for the contract before making your trip. Another example you go to look at a car that you want to lease from a dealer, you can ask for the lease agreement upfront or you can go in there and sign the doted line based on emotions you make that call

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Nobody should abandon a truck.
People should give reasonable notice.

What's the contract say about home time ?

If you've been there two years, how many teams have been there longer ?
How many new teams under you ?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If it is a solo, he better like teaming. It isn't likely regardless of carrier that a fleet owner is going to put a solo in a 2011 or newer truck. Ok....maybe.......if it is a Hino.;)

In the mid 90's I bought a beautiful double bunk COE from Werner. Truck was low mileage and like new.

They were phasing them out of the fleet and were paying a nickel per mile more to get drivers into them.

That was a lot of money back then.
Maybe that's how you get someone in a Hino. Hino Bonus Bucks.

J

jphalen

Name is Jeff new to Expeditors Online been with Heavy Weight since 2009. In 2012 I made $65,000 with Heavy Weight. this year I should make around the same if not a little better

I don't pay for fuel, Tolls or any of trucks expenses. They cover it all and when I need tires they are a phone call away. Lori their director is awesome and she is a former driver for the fleet. I am a team and my truck is a 2013 Peterbilt. We are leased with them to Express 1.

I get 1 day for every week I am out. if I go over I just have to do on my dime which I had to do once and ok with it.

If you do not own your own truck there is only a few owners I would work for in this business Heavy Weight is one of them