Calming down a bit.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Sometimes in here the gang gets their undergarments all twisted and things begin to slide down hill. Just post in channel 19, it says nothing is off topic, its a safe spot in a big bad world. You don't have to be literate or a king bee of a Websters Dictionary or a long drawn out writer of 1000's of big words . Just KISS , "keep it simple stupid". No bad words, and so on.

How about this new paragraph? Did you know that some of the best books were written by Mark Twain.,aka old Sam Clemens. Now if you can speed read, some of his books will get your lips twisted up in your molars.

I looked this up so none of you would start to worry
Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 – April 21, 1910), better known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist. wikipedia.org

Now see, most likely this will not be locked because it does not offend anyone, like I care you know, but ......well I'm done here. Gonna go read the classifieds and see who wants to drive someone elses ride.

Reactions: Turtle

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
lf l am not mistaken, l believe he was born and died during a visit by Halley's comet. Clearly not the same visit!

Last edited:
Reactions: skyraider

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The Autobiography of Mark Twain is one of the few books I keep, even with a Kindle and seriously limited space. [It's not a small book, lol] Forbidden to be published until 100 years after his death, [he was always mindful of the effect of his writing on those he cared about], it has some pretty surprising chapters.
It's hard to believe how much tragedy the man suffered, considering how well known he was for humor - but that's one way of dealing with pain, as comedians everywhere, from Richard Pryor to Robin Williams proved as well.

Reactions: skyraider