C19 Topics

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Yet now they allow them to force healthcare workers to get the jab.....that should have been the very first people to get the vaccine in the first place.

Reactions: Pilgrim

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
SCOTUS has blocked Biden's OSHA vaccine mandate 6-3 for private employers.

And returned it to a lower court for further litigation and a ruling on the merits.

As well as upholding the CMS mandate in the other case.

What a relief that working Americans can keep their jobs!

That really depends on whether employers require their own workforce to be vaccinated or not.

Given that some large employers actually pushed for a government vaccine mandate (for cover), it seems likely that a good number of them may have their own requirements.

Beyond that though, there is the flip side of the coin:

Workers who do want to work in a workplace where is no requirement for vaccines, testing, PPE, or other health measures.

Given the state of the labor market, some employers may well require it to retain critical personnel ... as opposed to the smaller number of petulant "I don't wanna !" children who don't want to be team players.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Biden did say he was going to stop covid in its tracks.......yea I have seen swiss cheese do a better job.

The problem isn't Biden ... it's the tender little snowflakes that are unwilling to do what's necessary to get it under control.

It's a team effort and everyone has a part to do, and a role to play ...

BTW - You get the jab yet ?

:tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The problem isn't Biden ... it's the tender little snowflakes that are unwilling to do what's necessary to get it under control.

It's a team effort and everyone has a part to do, and a role to play ...

BTW - You get the jab yet ?

Lol sure pass the buck off to anyone not wanting the jab...
Yet its people who got.the jab that are getting sick....
Biden is failing at his job and Harris isn't doing any better.

Reactions: muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

Personal responsibility.

Some have it, others not so much.

Based on what I'm seeing the vast majority of those being hospitalized and dying (> 90%) are unvaccinated.

Biden is doing fine, as is Harris.

Doesn't mean however that a vast swath of America isn't like a bunch of spoiled little children who want instant gratification and believe that someone has a magic wand that they can just wave and make everything ok ... without any action on their part.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Personal responsibility.

Some have it, others not so much.

Based on what I'm seeing the vast majority of those being hospitalized and dying (> 90%) are unvaccinated.

Biden is doing fine, as is Harris.

Doesn't mean however that a vast swath of America isn't like a bunch of spoiled little children who want instant gratification and believe that someone has a magic wand that they can just wave and make everything ok ... without any action on their part.
You mean the basement dweller that keeps going back to Delaware to do private meetings with no oversight.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Biden did say he was going to stop covid in its tracks.......yea I have seen swiss cheese do a better job.
I see it’s all about blaming Trump supporters now because they couldn’t get Covid under control. Biden and Dems should have listened to those experts who said to use early treatments of therapeutics like Ivermectin and hydrox and Stockpile monoclonals so they didn’t run out. Instead they went with a one size fits all approach to a vaccine that doesn’t prevent you from getting it or spreading it. It initially may prevent you from getting very sick or dying, but the efficacy wanes considerably over a few short months. But just get a booster then. Except there are now concerns that repeated vaccinations/ boosters may create a condition that harms a person’s immune system and cause them to suffer a diminished immune response to mutations of the virus making them less able to fight them off.

Reactions: danthewolf00

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Somebody who doesn’t get the jab, it doesn’t affect anyone else. Like I said, vaccinated people can spread it too. So what difference does it make if someone else gets it or not? They get vaccinated for themselves.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I see it’s all about blaming Trump supporters now because they couldn’t get Covid under control.

That funny ... I don't recall mentioning Trump supporters specifically.

Did you feel that "tender little snowflakes" somehow applied in that regard ?

Biden and Dems should have listened to those experts who said to use early treatments of therapeutics like Ivermectin and hydrox

... "those experts" ...

Sure Jan ...

U.S. Insurers Wasted Millions on Ivermectin for Covid-19, Study Finds

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Hydroxychloroquine

FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 outside of the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to risk of heart rhythm problems

and Stockpile monoclonals so they didn’t run out.

Kinda hard to stockpile when demand exceeds supply.

Instead they went with a one size fits all approach to a vaccine that doesn’t prevent you from getting it or spreading it.

While that may be true (as far as it goes), it isn't a full enough picture.

Specifically, while peak viral loads between vaccinated and unvaccinated can be similar, people who are vaccinated clear the virus quicker and are likely to have lower viral loads overall.

Clearing the virus quicker means less opportunity to spread it around.

No, vaccinated people are not ‘just as infectious’ as unvaccinated people if they get COVID

It's science.

It initially may prevent you from getting very sick or dying,

Both a very small matter to some I'm sure ...

but the efficacy wanes considerably over a few short months. But just get a booster then. Except there are now concerns that repeated vaccinations/ boosters may create a condition that harms a person’s immune system and cause them to suffer a diminished immune response to mutations of the virus making them less able to fight them off.

Sounds like a good subject for further research ... ;)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Somebody who doesn’t get the jab, it doesn’t affect anyone else.

Overly simplistic ... and not necessarily true.

Like I said, vaccinated people can spread it too.

Also overly simplistic.

So what difference does it make if someone else gets it or not?

Less likely to further the spread of the virus to others (see the previous article which I posted a link to)

They get vaccinated for themselves.

Not always the case.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
He could do a better job than sleepy joe.

LOL ... then why isn't he ?

He can't even deal with the state that he's supposedly governing.

Just have a look at what a cluster flop his COVID response has been:

Ron DeSantis - Wikipedia

Among other things, he's been the proverbial firehose of misinformation.

Add to that, it appears he personally couldn't even keep himself from contracting COVID himself ... and then may have lied about it to his constituents, when he reappeared in public after having been completely MIA for several weeks:

Seems just a little shaky and out of breathe ... painful to watch.

Ron DeSantis Out of Breath in Video Prompts COVID Speculation

This guy has a wife who has breast cancer which she is ungoing treatment for (so likely immune-compromised) ... and apparently he couldn't even take the necessary precautions to ensure that he didn't risk getting exposed.

Or, possibly, it was a just a bad breakfast burrito.

Not exactly what I'd call confidence inspiring.