C & M trucking, any input

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
I have heard them referred to as a "carrier's carrier." They don't handle NLM or PTM loads, but I believe they are setup with the GPS alliance. I've heard that a lot of carriers broker loads to them. I've never known anyone that drove for them.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I run for them. I don't know of any company I'd rather be with. They don't baby you, yet they're friendly. You're expected to know your stuff. It's as close as a business to business relationship I'd expect you'll find in expediting, without signing on with an independent carrier.

Miles have been good for us. Sometimes we're running non-stop, then sit for a day or two, then move again. But it has a lot to do with you knowing who's around you, and where freight is good. Sometimes they'll share that info, sometimes you have to ask; but knowing what to ask is a big part of being successful there.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Talked to a few people about them and know one or two drivers who run for them. Never heard a bad word about them. In this business, that's saying a lot.

guido4475

Not a Member
I drove for them awile back also, really nice people who have the freight, when available.The only drawbacks That I can think of Is you pay all of the insurance, and there is no fuel card, and cash advances are expensive.And a long holdback on pay.