Bored out of my mind in Monroe, Michigan

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
I remember once upon a time that there were people talking on the CB radio, and people running around trying to sell cheap stuff for expensive prices. There is nothing to do here but stare out the windshield. I can't wait to get this load off in the morning and go somewhere else where I can actually look at different scenery. :confused:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A Kindle with some of the scores of free books available will work wonders in that situation. I just got the new K3 after starting out with the original. It is excellent.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are many good places to eat at in that area. There is a State park just up the road from that TA. What kind of truck?

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Well, I am in a straight truck. I decided to go bowling. LOL. That turned out to be great. Went over to the bowling alley, paid for an hour of bowling. My better half got to bowl one frame, and I got to bowl one frame, then the entire pin setter upper, decided that it was going to put 2 pins down at a time, and that they were going to fall over on their own. Hahah.. So, After switching our lanes, and fighting with the machine, we got to bowl for about 30 minutes. At least I was slightly amused by the pins falling on their own. BTW, I bowled a 170ish something. Pretty good for only bowling on Wii.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
A Kindle with some of the scores of free books available will work wonders in that situation. I just got the new K3 after starting out with the original. It is excellent.

How does that work Leo..the books are free to download?

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Is that State Park where you can walk to it from the truck stop? Or is there a way for a straight truck to park?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, I am in a straight truck. I decided to go bowling. LOL. That turned out to be great. Went over to the bowling alley, paid for an hour of bowling. My better half got to bowl one frame, and I got to bowl one frame, then the entire pin setter upper, decided that it was going to put 2 pins down at a time, and that they were going to fall over on their own. Hahah.. So, After switching our lanes, and fighting with the machine, we got to bowl for about 30 minutes. At least I was slightly amused by the pins falling on their own. BTW, I bowled a 170ish something. Pretty good for only bowling on Wii.

A straight truck makes it a bit harder to be sure. That State park is within walking distance of the TA. It is about a mile from the truck stop. I don't think you can take a straight truck in. It is on Lake Erie. Any time you are headed into Monroe let me know. I can pass on info on places to eat etc.
Don't forget that there is a silly little mall near there but it does have a movie theater. Never been in it myself but it is there.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Cool, I'm glad to know it's within walking distance. And for anyone who reads this....please, if you know of any trails near truck stops please let me know. I have a pretty decent list of some, but I'm ALWAYS looking for more so if you know of any, feel free to send them my way. Thanks:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are several thousand free books that are out of copyright, stuff like the entire Mark Twain, the entire Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie etc. etc. and there are newer things that randomly go free for a day or a week or whatever they come up with. There can be a few dozen of those at any given time and they change often. Prices vary on everything else. See:

Amazon.com: Free Book Collections: Kindle Store

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
There is also a small VietNam era war memorial at the opposite end of the TA from the State Park that is within walking distance...