Bolt vs Nations Express VS Load 1

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
Why would I choose any of these? CV O/O. Currently with a company not listed above.

If you drive for L1 or Nations Express could use some input as to your experiences. I know enough about Bolt but nothing of the other 2.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
My opinion I don't think any company should put any vans or sprinters on. Very slow.

Load One #188

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I think nations only accepts sprinters....

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
As has been pointed out above my OVM, Load 1 will not except Can Vans at all ANYMORE..As a owner there with 2 units, I can not even add a Cargo Van...Srinters, Sprinter Type or Cubs are it for that segment of the market...We haul too many pieces that are too tall to go into a std CV and believe it or not, in the last 2 weeks, i haven't any loads that a CV could haul...

Now, beyond that, if YOU have done YOUR research on each carrier, YOU will see how each carrier will fit into YOUR Business plan and how YOU want to do business. Yea we can all tell you how we are doing and how much money we are GROSSING, but that doesn't mean a thing, it really doesn't because we aren't you and you aren't any of us..we all work different and have different wants and needs from a carrier, just as you will...The decision on which carrier is best for YOU, is the one that works for YOU, and that is only YOUR decision. All Carriers have good and bad points and no 1 carriers is the best for everyone..they all have "warts" as some here say...the key is finding the 1 carrier that you can live with their warts...Research, and run down to a Truck Stop or 2 close to you and talk to the drivers from the carriers you have in mind....

Bolt is a good company to learn from, and if you are a "quick study", you can also make good money there (there is a recent thread on Bolt in this forum)..As for the other carrier, all i know is what i hear out here from their drivers, and that is they will look for freight all over the place and if can and will have runs with "massive amounts" of Dead Head miles...some paid, most not....Other then that, I can't answer much about them..

But, one more thing, if you can move away from the "Std Cargo Van, your opportunities will greatly expand....

Last edited:

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
For Starters Nations will add a CV. I am aware that Load1 wants Sprinters. This was not a topic of what will a carrier put on or not I was asking for experiences with these companies. This is a good place to research about these companies independent from the recruiters. I have been in this industry for close to 9 years with the same company. Why I am leaving is my reason and something I do not wish to express.

I have talked to Bolt Drivers recently, never met a Nations Driver and talked to one Load One guy down in Laredo a few weeks ago. He drives that crazy big aerodynamic box truck. He is from the Toledo Area I believe and used to sell cars. if you know him great.

I can make the company I work for out to be the best, the worst or neutral I am fully aware of that. The best way to judge whether to go to a company is if the O/O is willing to promote his company and RECOMMEND to sign with them or not. Can we keep it this simple at least?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have talked to Bolt Drivers recently, never met a Nations Driver and talked to one Load One guy down in Laredo a few weeks ago. He drives that crazy big aerodynamic box truck. He is from the Toledo Area I believe and used to sell cars. if you know him great.

That was probably the guy that commented right before you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I would give bolt a try if it was me. Heard tons of good on here about them. But I wouldn't be scared of a sprinter. Keep idling to a very minimum and stay on top of maintence you should have a good experience. Or you could look into the van chefDennis drives. Nice and big and can take anything a sprinter can carry.

Load One #188

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
That's the problem....

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums
The problem is that Panther now sign up all kinds of vans . Old and short base vans . When I was last time there I saw in their shop (QC and signs) an 9 years old ,short base ex-construction van. Their turn over is so high that they do anything ($1000 sign -up for cargo vans ) to have a van at each corner.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
canesman07 wrote:

talked to one Load One guy down in Laredo a few weeks ago. He drives that crazy big aerodynamic box truck. He is from the Toledo Area I believe and used to sell cars. if you know him great.

LOL, that'd be me...:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Let me put it to you guys this way. You can make money anywhere if you are willing to work hard and learn that particular companies system. You can run for Panther and make money, you can run for Bolt Express and make money, you can run multiples and make money! It all depends on your skill level, ability to learn, work ethic, and level of dedication! There used to be a time when you didn't even have to try to make money doing this job; now is not that time. But, even with that being said you can still carve out a decent piece of the pie in the current marketplace. You just have to run smarter and cut expenses whenever you can!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
He wanted a second opinion of Load One because apparently you worked as a used car salesman before you got into expediting and he thought you were trying to upsell him! lol

LOL, where is that "LIKE" button!?!? Its been a longgggg 24 hrs...That aside..Load 1 doesn't need me as a "Salesmen"...the waiting list to sign on with them speaks for itself....And then you have "those" that have a good "profile in the business" and are well known after spending alot of yrs with their previous carrier moving to Load 1...those both speak to how John Elliott and Load 1 do business...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL, where is that "LIKE" button!?!? Its been a longgggg 24 hrs...That aside..Load 1 doesn't need me as a "Salesmen"...the waiting list to sign on with them speaks for itself....And then you have "those" that have a good "profile in the business" and are well known after spending alot of yrs with their previous carrier moving to Load 1...those both speak to how John Elliott and Load 1 do business...

He just can't help himself....LOL....