Bolt sleeper window shades

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone know if the window shades in bolt sleepers are removable and how to do so? I need some tips on cleaning them. I can't get a previous drivers smoke out of them.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know if the window shades in bolt sleepers are removable and how to do so? I need some tips on cleaning them. I can't get a previous drivers smoke out of them.

I believe if there held in by the little button things if you pop the cap off the button they have a square bit screw that hold them in, not sure what size, got a pic or two?

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I have tried to click on the Bolt custom sleeper site a 100 times and it says site for sale. What's the deal anybody know??

paullud

Veteran Expediter
True ?
If so, weird to hear something this big to expediters as kind of a passing thought.

Never mind I remembered that wrong, I believe it was Bentz that I was thinking of.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Donnie Bentz,( nephew ?) owns Bolt, which builds Bentz Sleepers, owned by Jeff Jones, if I have it right.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter

Cloth or vinyl...a cup of white vinegar mixed into a bucket of water to wipe down any areas not cloth will get rid of the smoke smell. If they are cloth you could possibly spray cloth but I'd spot check it first make sure it doesn't ruin the fabric.
I've also heard that if you cut an onion interesting slices and place them in a bowl of water then leave sitting overnight in closed room (or truck) will absord the odor of cigarette smoke.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I'm going to try the white vinegar spray. The way it's designed, I can't figure out how to get in the top to see if it's something you can get out of the window or not. Its pretty tight. I've put some coffee grounds in a bowl for a few days, used some odor absorbers for a week or so, used baking soda on the benches and stuff and then vacuumed it off. Slowly it's exiting. I just can't wait to get in the truck and have it smell nice and clean lol. Maybe really strong smoke odors take more than a week or two to go away. I've wiped every visible surface repeatedly so here's hoping:)

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Good luck! Spongebox and I both smoke but I can't stand the smell, so I'm constantly trying to keep it from being smelly in here.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
It will take time as the material used in the sleeper is wrapped around and behind where you cannot get to.

I know that baking soda works in refrigerators and I have been using a little baking soda in a small jar with essential oils in the cupboards to make them smell nice. I also use the baking soda jar in the cupboard where I keep our shoes and I have found this works really well.

Keep it up and the smell will go away. When Bob and I quit smoking years ago it took a long time to get the smell out of our pickup. I was not nearly as diligent as Pandora2112 is at trying to get rid of the smell in our vehicles but in time the smell did go away.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We are both smokers, and I am extremely anal about the smell of smoke in our truck. Yankee candle makes a "smoke eater" that did work great in our truck. It is little scented beads that absorb the odor. I also wipe down our walls, curtins, and other surfaces weekly. For the cloth areas I spray on stoners invisible glass aerosol spray, and dab with a clean white terry cloth towel. It also removes any residual nicotine stains, also works on water stains. For the windows if there is a thick film, mix baby powder and rubbing alcohol to make a paste, spread on windows, rub in with a microfiber towel, and then clean with glass cleaner and paper towels. Freah Eucalyptus and sage work well with absorbing the odor as well as repelling nasty little bugs and spiders.

Hope that this helps some

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Thank you all for your suggestions. The white vinegar I mixed with water and spray, let it soak for a few and wipe it off. It goes away an returns later:/ it IS fading though, so I figure with my religious daily cleaning it will go away. I have used baking soda on the benches and front seats as well as odoban spray and the cloth is not holding any odor. I'm thinking it is definitely coming from BEHiND the walls. I have that stoners and will try that as well as look for the Yankee candle stuff. I am going to buy those small baking soda boxes with the open side vents for all the cabinets. They don't smell that strong but I think the previous drivers clothes left a bit in them. My purse and our clothes have a slight smoke odor that I notice when I go out in fresh air. I'm thankful it's going away, I'll try anything!!