Bolt Express

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You could do a lot worse. Bolt received a award not to long ago for being one of the fastest growing freight companys in the US. They are straightshooters and know your name and will listen and do their best to keep you busy.

Give Anne or Mark in recruiting a call, 1-866-873-2658.

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
I know a number of people who are with bolt. They all seem very satisfied with the company. They say they make plenty of money and the service is exceptional. Dispatch people pay special care. I recently talked to a D unit on CB who said they keep him plenty busy and provide new, well mentained trailers.

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
i was with bolt express for 3 years i would definitly reccommend them they were always fair to me i did very well with a cargo van with them i would go back with them in a heartbeat if or i should say when i decide to go back on the road although when that time comes it will be in a straight truck although that wont be for a couple more years so Anne don,t get your hopes up yet so by all means call Anne or Mark and at least talk to them

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i was in a str with them but knew folks in vans. my owner was one and he made more in the van than the strt.

rlent is in a sprinter with them and there is another poster here in a sprinter also rcmtt i think.

anne and mark are very strtforward with what you can expect. bolt only grows thier fleet as business requires and not just to add numbers. call'em. tell anne i said hello.

Last edited:

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
was with them nov,dec,jan, in a sprinter..personally i starved, but others r doing ok, if there saying there getting rich...they could be, because some people figure if they got a dollar in there pocket ,there rich

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
was with them nov,dec,jan, in a sprinter..personally i starved, but others r doing ok, if there saying there getting rich...they could be, because some people figure if they got a dollar in there pocket ,there rich

Hey i got 2 bucks!! Does that make me filthy rich???*L*

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so Honda...lets see you had brakes done I think and then cam and crank sensors and then the big tranny rebuild and add the fact ya haven't done well this spring....thats crappy luck...

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
ya right front wheel bearing puked in pennsylvania, billy bob put it together , didnt put the spacer between the nut and the bearings, however it made it home, its sitting in the driveway still...bought a 08 chevy, only good think about this soup can is almost every town has a dealer, and everyone will work on them....other then that, i feel like a little can of tuna fish...bumped my head trying to stand up about 10 times already (slow learner) was going to ebay the sprinter this weekend but am sitting down in cookeville tn right now..come on over and visit :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ya right front wheel bearing puked in pennsylvania, billy bob put it together , didnt put the spacer between the nut and the bearings, however it made it home, its sitting in the driveway still...bought a 08 chevy, only good think about this soup can is almost every town has a dealer, and everyone will work on them....other then that, i feel like a little can of tuna fish...bumped my head trying to stand up about 10 times already (slow learner) was going to ebay the sprinter this weekend but am sitting down in cookeville tn right now..come on over and visit :)

I am in Indy with this cold wet weather...

Too bad those repairs weren't spaced out a bit....ya know Relent is doing well at Bolt....amazes me the difference....
Goes to show 2 people experienced yet, started carrier about same time, same van, 2 very different results.

blackwood666

Seasoned Expediter
:D I can as a driver for a few years/Prestige then Bolt (avoid Prestige!I have to tell you that Bolt has taken good care of me, if you don't do the right things upfront it can be dicey, after a somewhat rocky start I am now probably averaging over 6000 per month, then again Iam seldom am home!
I get out of MI, no problem
I love Bolt and look forward to being with them for quite awhile, they get me out of almost any state and I enjoy plenty of long trips IE: Texas, New Mexico.....
Call Them!

Thanks

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bolt is a good company with a good reputation overall among operators. I'm told as long as one is a good representative of the company, things like clean appearance and polite to customers, they are a great place to be. I'm told that if one is a bad representative of the company, either bad conduct/attitude with customers or things like dumping trash/pee other than in appropriate trash receptacles they have a zero tolerance policy and have fired folks. Bolt is on my short list of suggested companies for folks researching expediting.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ken,

I was down in the Indy area this morning ... well, Lafayette anyways .... just long enough to drop and grab some sleep ..... up in Fondle My Yak, WI this evening.

Yes, I have done well with Bolt .... December was good (particularly given that I was just starting) and January thru mid February was great, considering the time of year. I was OOS two weeks from mid February on, then went back in service the last week of February (which was decent - shorter runs, but lots of them), and was out of service again for the first two weeks of March - so this is the 2nd week this time out.

The past two weeks haven't been all that great - seems like both mileage and freight rates are down. I wouldn't say that I'm starving - far from it - neither week was my worst since I have been with them - but I'm not meeting my target as far as revenue and rate.

Kinda hard to say why that is - I'm not doing anything different that I can see. Could just be the luck of the draw - where I wind up and when ..... who knows ? It's the nature of the business that there will be ups and downs - good weeks and better weeks, as well as the occasional bad one .... :D

I certainly have no complaints about Bolt as a company - I enjoy good relations with everyone there, they are straight shooters, and I know that they work pretty hard to keep everyone loaded and moving. Obviously, it's in their best interest to do so.

However, having said that, of course Dispatch can't just magically wave a wand and produce loads where there are none.

Blackwood - glad to hear that you got stuff sorted out and that things are going well now. :)

Reactions: 1 person

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
i will say one thing about bolt!!!!there dispatchers never lied to me the 3 months i was with them......other companies should take note of that...kudos to them....if i had just one third more miles with them a week i would rate them a A++++ company,

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are many good companies. Among them, but by no means the only ones, are Bolt, Express-1, Panther, Fedex, Tri-State and C&M. Others would give you a different half dozen. These are just some that I consider top shelf.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Well, I'm sittin' up in Fond du Lac this morning (Saturday) and just about when it was looking like this week was gonna end up a little worse than last, Dispatch calls with a 659 miler picking up Saturday afternoon for delivery Monday morning @ 05:00 ... so I made my target for the week .... life is good. :)