Bolt Custom Trucks - Facebook

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bolt Custom Truck has a new Facebook page ...

Pictures of how the sleepers are manufactured and ideas on how to organize the sleeper.

Great place for you to share ideas on what you would like to see improved or share you tips on organization.

I think it would be fun to post pictures of where your Bolt sleeper has been...

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can they manufacture a Sleeper for a Sprinter Box truck that is ultra light weight to comply with DOT regulations that won't exceed the GVW ratings?! :)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
There is no actual dot legal sleeper for a sprinter due to the width requirements.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Probably would depend on the width of the box.

Would be nice to pull this off. Could make a sleeper out of a chopped up sprinter, wanted to take the mid section from a sprinter high roof and weld it to a 14ft or 16ft Sprinter box truck 6 skid capacity 5000lbs. I think I'd exceed the weight allowed and would have to start scaling and logging which defeats the purpose. Mines well get a straight if you gotta do all that!

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
There is no actual dot legal sleeper for a sprinter due to the width requirements.

Jenny ,
believe me when I say that they can make a sleeper for anything . You just have to have the right person develop it

Sent from my QMV7A using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I put a hideabed deal in my 01 F350 dually.
If I remember right, the interior door panels had to be removed to give me the width of a legal sleeper.
I just logged off duty.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Jenny ,
believe me when I say that they can make a sleeper for anything . You just have to have the right person develop it

Ummmm I know that. I was in a sprinter for 4 years, we built our own sleeper. I was just saying unless you can stretch the width of the van its technically not a dot legal sleeper, I know my sprinter wasn't 75 inches wide... Then again that doesn't matter until a vans carrying placarded haz or is over the 10k. I was just pointing out a technicality.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402916123656.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402916123656.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 27

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
I put a hideabed deal in my 01 F350 dually.
If I remember right, the interior door panels had to be removed to give me the width of a legal sleeper.
I just logged off duty.

And to this day , guys/gals out of Elkhart Indiana still do that, and still get tickets by the DOT!!! A crew cab rear seating area is just not a DOT approved sleeper. For it to be a legal sleeper certain measurements have to be met ,and , unfortunately the crew cab even with the Woodhouse bunk conversion does not meet this. it has to be a certain height and width and a certain length

If I am correct I think the dimensions are 36 wide x 48 height x 78 or 84 length

Dave KC or Lawrence ,could you correct me if I am wrong on this...... It's been a bit since I drove truck

Joe

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
And to this day , guys/gals out of Elkhart Indiana still do that, and still get tickets by the DOT!!! A crew cab rear seating area is just not a DOT approved sleeper. For it to be a legal sleeper certain measurements have to be met ,and , unfortunately the crew cab even with the Woodhouse bunk conversion does not meet this. it has to be a certain height and width and a certain length

If I am correct I think the dimensions are 36 wide x 48 height x 78 or 84 length

Dave KC or Lawrence ,could you correct me if I am wrong on this...... It's been a bit since I drove truck

Joe

See screen print above

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
Ummmm I know that. I was in a sprinter for 4 years, we built our own sleeper. I was just saying unless you can stretch the width of the van its technically not a dot legal sleeper, I know my sprinter wasn't 75 inches wide... Then again that doesn't matter until a vans carrying placarded haz or is over the 10k. I was just pointing out a technicality.

Touche , Jen, Touche

Joe

zorry

Veteran Expediter
75x24x24 looks legal to me.
The dually probably had that with the door panels removed.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
guny9a3u.jpg
pu2eqaba.jpg