Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have just started to use tk-704hs scf in my western star
and has increase fuel milages by 6 percent from 11 miles per gallon to 15 miles
and tk-7scf for gasoline in my van e250 ford and increase 6 percent
more just running to truck from house and back going 3 weeks
before filling up, 10 miles a day round trip plus all the red lights and traffic etc

for disel fuel it epa complanice and lubes , the injectors, helps the fuel burn better and more of it
check out the site www.bndautomtive.com
brian schubert, 440 821 9040 sagmore hills oh

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
George, going from 11 MPG to 15 MPG is an increase of 60% not 6%,Kinda find that increase a little hard to believe. I use Howes Meaner Cleaner and get 1 MPG better or about 10% increase.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
using my questionable math skills,i came up with that being about a 35% increase. i could be wrong about that, as math wasnt one of my better subjects. still, that is an amazing increase in fuel mileage. DD

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>using my questionable math skills,i came up with that being
>about a 35% increase. i could be wrong about that, as math
>wasnt one of my better subjects. still, that is an amazing
>increase in fuel mileage. DD
I just did the math,it comes out to about 46% increase.amazing stuff must have a real good tail wind when checking the before and after mileage.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have yet to use any sort of "magic juice" in my fuel, though I can see where some of them could give a 1 or 2 MPG increase, esp. ones that re heavy cleaners.
I will say this- knock on wood... by NOT using magic juice, I have never so much as replaced a single fuel injector. I change fuel filters at every oil change, every 13k miles.
-Weave-

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
11 to 15 miles per gallon???? Should be able to get to 20 miles per gallon when you add water.

tughillrunner

Expert Expediter
The correct website for BND Automotive is www.bndautomotive.com. This stuff has been out since the year 2000. This is no BS. I have used it since it came out. If you are serious about your bottomline and how much fuel you use, give Brian @ BND a call @ 440-821-9040.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
To those of you that don’t know me, and/or what I do, I will give you a very brief assessment. I own and operate a very small expedite/delivery service in the Pittsburgh area. Most of the deliveries that we do are all dedicated runs for corporations or companies that realize the value of using someone like my company as apposed to having hourly drivers and their own fleets. The average runs per day are 500 miles plus. We also do some JIT deliveries, but not many. I have been testing equipment for different companies for a little over 4 years now. I have just been contacted by Brain of BND Automotives to test their fuel additive. Geo is also testing their product, and has been for several weeks now. He knows his truck and the type of mileage he was getting before using this new to us product. Now he starts to get better mileage using this product, gets on the forum, to tell all of us fellow drivers about his new found discovery, and POW!!! The first thing we decide is Geo is full of BS. I, ya me too! Doubted Geo and his post until I received an email from a friend informing me that Brain was looking for someone to test his gas additive, and he told me I was going to be contacted by Brian. Hopefully I will start testing the product soon and will definitely keep you all informed as to how it is working.

As I said above, I too was going to add my negative 2 cents, and say a thing or too. In fact the only thing that stopped me from posting then was time. I had to get up and go ASAP. I only had time to read and not post. The chain of events that took place that day taught me a valuable lesson. “Don’t knock it until you try it”. The phone call I received that morning started me to thinking about the post. Why would this guy tell us this product is helping him stretch his fuel miles, if it isn’t? Surly no one is paying him to tell us all that or they would have written a statement for him to post, and surly would have printed their web site correctly. davekc jokes about adding water and get more miles. If I could add water and I knew it would run, I would surely do so. In fact I would have to say most of us would. These fuel prices are getting way out of hand. If this product adds mileage and life to my vans, I would definitely let everyone know. WHY! In hopes that the more people by it, the cheaper it will become.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My question is how can a realistic scientific test on this product be conducted with all the variables encountered on the road? (We know what they are, so I won't mention them.)
You (Tony) would have to know what your fleet average MPG has been over the course of about a year, then use the product religously in all your fleet vehicles for about a year, and keep track of the results. OR, if you have two identical fleet vehicles, you could do a side-by-side comparison, one with and one without, provided they are running the same terrain with drivers who have similar driving styles, and driving during the same seasons.
I'm not nor was I a naysayer about this BND fuel product, but in George's case it probably gave a 1-2 MPG increase, (similar to what tests of Howe's cleaners have given) the other 3-4 MPG was circumstantial or came from poor MPG calculation. If this stuff gave a CAT C10 a 5 MPG increase by itself alone, that would be nothing short of a miracle, or the product is an unsafe super-volatile concentrate that will likely damage fuel system components.
-Weave-

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
just got done with checking out book's for aug
and using tk-704hs,june beforei started using it, took 10 fillup's
for the month in jul , started using it and took 8 fill up's for the month, in aug filled up 6 times, driving 150 to 200 miles a day and
all or most city driving, so how's that

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
for got to add and still have a half tank of fuel 75 gals left
and only run 5 day's a week, once in a while work weekends
like when you work holiday and make ton of money

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here is what I mean about accurate MPG calculating before you test the magic juice. I believe Geo's Western Star has a 200 gallon fuel capacity. If he filled it 6 times last month, that's 1200 gallons, minus the 75 gallons he said he had left over he used 1125 gallons of fuel. Said he runs at most 200 miles a day 5 days a week. Thats 4000 miles a month. That comes to 3.6 MPG based on this info. If his truck has a 150 gallon capacity, he got 4.8 MPG. Said truck needed 10 fillups before using BND product. Using same figures truck got 2.1 MPG (200 gal cap.) 2.8 MPG (150 cap.) So product looked to give him (based on figures) a 1.5 to 2 MPG increase, which is common for most of the fuel addatives out there.
I know Geo's truck does better MPG than those figures by a long shot. What I'm stating with all this silliness is be sure your MPG calculating methods are accurate before testing a product thinking is is working miracles. My own truck has increased its MPG from 10.5 to 11.5 over the past year adding nothing due to break in. One has to compensate for that also. OK, I'll shut up now before I need psychiatric treatment:D
-Weave-

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
was rechecking my math and realize i didn't put in . point.
it should have been 1.1 to 1.6 increase in milage
sorry for the misinfo

i have a from of dyslexia, where i leave out words or letters
and anytime i read it i see it and if someone else reads it they
don't see what i see

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Still, the gain is worth it, even if just around 1.5 MPG- using the same figures, George would save about $1200.00 a year (based on fuel at $1.50/gal) in fuel costs. He would have to subtract the cost of the product from this to get the actual money savings. I admittingly do not have a clue what the BND fuel product costs and the website did not provide any information, but if it's $10.00 a fillup, and he figures on 72 fillups a year, the product would cost $720.00 a year to use. Net savings $480.00 One could do a lot of nice things with $480.00, like get a full color BND tattoo for me to look at as they are punching me in the head:7 . But seriously, the more miles one runs, the more savings they would expierience. The one and only reason I do not use fuel addatives myself is I really do not know what many of them contain, and if these contents could damage injectors over a period of time. (Of course manufacturers claim they won't, but how do you really know?) I stated earlier I have never replaced an injector yet, but I do know the job is VERY expensive, so I won't chance it.
-Weave-

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just received my magic juice and will start testing it ASAP. I know exactly what you are saying about all the actual testing details Weave. I was getting an average of 14.7 miles a gallon running without the magic. I normally do the same runs all the time and run the same roads so I will have a better reading than someone that is running different terrains daily. If I get an increase of 3 miles a gallon I will add 1536 mile to every gallon of magic. If I increase the milage to 17.7MPG I will be saving $147.53 for every gallon of magic I buy. If the magic cost $29.99 I will save $117.54. Not bad!!! If I do 150000 a year I use 10204.081 gallons of gas a year. The magic should save me 1729.505 gallons a year. For a savings of $2940.16 less the cost of the magic.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Dr. M.P. Weave's Wonderful herbal body fat loss, stop-smoking, memory enhancer and fuel system treatment tablets!! Throw some in your oil to keep it clean too! Guaranteed to work!! I also have magnets you can tape to your back to relieve pain, and stick on your alternator to improve postive current flow and increase battery life! These things work, you can belive ME, right?
What I believe the said product to be is an injector nozzle detergent, much like Howe's or Lucas, and not a miracle. Engine fuel systems are engineered by people who supply to the engine manufacturer what it safe to run through the system, and many do not recommend unknown addatives. Do you know the law of conservation of energy? Basically the phrase "You don't get something for nothing." This law cannot be defeated ;)
-Weave-

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Weave, I don't know nothin' about fuel additives and such cause I'm not a very good "chemanic", but I sure would be interested in a lifetime supply of those wonder tablets and magnets you mentioned. DD

MILITARY MOM AND PROUD OF IT

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Don't laugh too hard..:7 I know a guy in town who spent close to $400 for one of those back pain magnets. Swears it works of course, as I laugh at the fool and his money. I think they call it the psychosomatic effect- if you think it works, than it does :D
-Weave-

tughillrunner

Expert Expediter
Ok, For all you brainiaks out there, this is the reality. The TK-7SCF Series was released for use by the manufacturer that produced TK-704MIL for the US Military and their Stragic Supply needs. It is NOT Kerosene, Ethylbenzene, Oxylnitrate, Toluene, Napthalene, or ANY PETROLEUM DISTILLATE. ALL other fuel additives are some form of solvent made from petroleum. When you add oil/solvent to your fuel you lower the BTU of your fuel. BTU is the power in your fuel. Straight #2 fuel has 138,000 BTU per gallon. #1 fuel has 109,000 BTU per gallon. When we get our winter blend, it is manufactured by the refinery per Federal Law to be a 50/50 Mix. or 123,500 BTU. That is why in the winter you receive less mileage, not just from the snow.

The other part of reality is that right now you are running with 500 ppm of Sulfur in your onroad fuel. Sulfur is the lubricant for injectors, injector pumps, stems, guides and cylinder bores. Also it retards bacteria, fungus and yeast growth. That is adequate at best. When EPA Phase III comes into play in 2006, they are going to drop that sulfur level to 15 ppm. Just in case you think that your Manufacturer is going to address the problem, don't bother. They are having failures on their new engines because of the lack of lubricant. YOU MIGHT AS WELL POUR SAND IN YOUR OIL IN JAN 2006 BECAUSE YOU WILL GET THE SAME RESULT WITH 15PPM.

Now, TK-7SCF Diesel was designed to deal with all the issues that are facing you today. It takes pourpoint to -19 below, has an aggressive bacteriacide/fungicide and yeast killer to stop the growth. Then the proprietary detergent disolves the bacteria/fungus and sends it through the filter and burns it. The detergent also takes all the carbon out of the cylinder bores, promotes FULL VOLUMETRIC EFFICIENCY, and as a result of burning the catalyst, produces a lubricant that reduces cylinder bore wear 600%, stem wear by 360% and lubricates injector pumps and injectors all for around 3-4 cents per gallon. WAKE UP AND SEE THE FUTURE. Either you prepare for 2006, use TK-7SCF Diesel, and it becomes a speedbump, or wait for the manufacturers like the people on the deck of the TITANIC waiting for some magic safety feature to kick in and keep the boat afloat, and run smack into a brick wall. YOUR CHOICE. In 1968, one manufacturer came out with radial tires, and then all season radials. There were some that said, no, I like my bias ply tires and like to change them every 8,000 to 12,000 miles. Oh, I love to change my snow tires every 6 months with the studs in them. HELLO!! You don't buy computers with 75 megs of memory in them anymore. Don't be afraid to use the cutting edge to save you money and MAJOR HEADACHES!!! I HAVE USED THIS STUFF SINCE 2000. IT WORKS....DEAL WITH IT!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
tughillrunner!
I didn’t know all the things you stated in your thread, and now that you stated them I still don’t! My questions to you are, (because! by the thread you posted it sounds to me like either you made this product, or you are one of those selling it, which is not a bad thing!)I started useing it Monday, myself. In an over all synopsis, from YOU!!! What has using this TK-7 for the last 3yrs. done for your truck? I have Gas trucks, will this help my trucks also? I didn’t know this product was as pricey as it is. In your opinion do you feel it is worth the extra UP FRONT cost, and what are your figures on the over all savings to the truck from using this product for the last 3yrs? One last question I have for you, and you may not know anything at all about this. I read a brief, but not all the facts that TTI (TK-7) supplied Iraq and Saddam with chemicals for machinery ??????