• Not

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Who cares

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Truckers to slow-roll more than 100 miles on I-57

I believe it’s immature and adolescent, but I support the cause.

We could always decide not to deliver your pizza rolls.

AridSpiritedAmazontreeboa-max-1mb.gif

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A slow roll in the right lane on a Saturday in January could seem innocuous and palatable to the motoring public. But that could change quickly when a company driver in a 65 mph governed truck tries to pass 20, 30, 50 or more T/Ts nose to tail in the right lane. In my opinion slowdowns and blockages are not the way to garner public support.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
A slow roll in the right lane on a Saturday in January could seem innocuous and palatable to the motoring public. But that could change quickly when a company driver in a 65 mph governed truck tries to pass 20, 30, 50 or more T/Ts nose to tail in the right lane. In my opinion slowdowns and blockages are not the way to garner public support.

What if this isn't for public support; and instead a show of strength and solidarity?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What if this isn't for public support; and instead a show of strength and solidarity?
A handful of O/Os traveling 100 miles at minimum posted speed through Illinois isn't really a show of strength and solidarity. Sure it will make the local and regional news, but that's as far as it will get. For nation wide exposure to the cause I suggest all truckers sport MAGA hats, MAGA banners or graphics on all trailers. And or an extra measure run over an Early American, drum beating, "Vietnam Veteran" that was traumatized by the slow movement of traffic even after doing "recon" on I-57.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

A handful of O/Os traveling 100 miles at minimum posted speed through Illinois isn't really a show of strength and solidarity. Sure it will make the local and regional news, but that's as far as it will get. For nation wide exposure to the cause I suggest all truckers sport MAGA hats, MAGA banners or graphics on all trailers. And or an extra measure run over an Early American, drum beating, "Vietnam Veteran" that was traumatized by the slow movement of traffic even after doing "recon" on I-57.

Alas, trucker will know what truckers have done. We haven't had any solidarity in trucking since at least 95, when I came into the industry.

Reactions: Solar

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Alas, trucker will know what truckers have done. We haven't had any solidarity in trucking since at least 95, when I came into the industry.

So what’d you do to mess up the solidarity?
I don’t know, too busy walking a picket line at Roadway. ( actually only 2 or 3 weeks).

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

So what’d you do to mess up the solidarity?
I don’t know, too busy walking a picket line at Roadway. ( actually only 2 or 3 weeks).

I dunno. Watered my tires once too many times? :eek:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Alrighty, picking thru an old Milton Freidman video, I found a section that I think explains this movement. At 7:23 of the video Milton explains why the masses don't have the power of the lobby. The consumer (truckers in our case) is disorganized and invisible, whereas the lobby (mega companies, ATA, etc) is small but visible. The ATA is willing to go to DC to be seen and heard. The trucker has no such ability; therefore he gets with a bunch of other like-minded truckers to muck up traffic (become visible). The "strike" is also an attempt to be seen by disappearing.

Reactions: Grizzly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Any news on the slow roll?

They agreed with police to stay in the right lane to not impede traffic.
Guessing 12 trucks didn't cause too much of a issue :rolleyes:

Slow-roll protest on Interstate 57

Edit: More then a dozen trucks, I guess that's too many to actually count ;)

It was enough to make the news. Good for them!
It may have made the news, but it really won't help unless everybody is onboard.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Have truckers finally been heard?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yes. Once ELD’s showed the data and they didn’t think everyone would just cheat the hard work of lobbying based on the need for rules reform by ATA and TCA is paying off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums