Bill Nye / Ken Ham debate Creationism

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I like science: corn meal, an egg,oil,milk, stir it up.pour in a hot cast iron skillet,place in oven at 450 degrees, wait 25 minutes and presto ,,,u got corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn bread. aaaaaamen brother.

Now, run 2 pieces of rock into each other at 17,000 mph, boom, now you got EOL,,,lmao.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Man made global warming.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

im sure the millions of tailpipes in this world is a great cause of global warming ..the video was to debate how life as we know it started ...and MY point is..its hard to argue with scientific FACT ...and Bill Nye was pointing out were doomed as a society if kids are not taught the facts of science ...instead religion to keep there stories going want to try to debunk SCIENTIFIC FACT...and teach there theory in public funded schools

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
im sure the millions of tailpipes in this world is a great cause of global warming ..the video was to debate how life as we know it started ...and MY point is..its hard to argue with scientific FACT ...and Bill Nye was pointing out were doomed as a society if kids are not taught the facts of science ...instead religion to keep there stories going want to try to debunk SCIENTIFIC FACT...and teach there theory in public funded schools

You do realize there is no SCIENTIFIC FACT that explains how we got here?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just pointing out as your question asked its not hard to argue with science. Plenty of science that is theory is taught in schools so you believe teaching one theory is OK apposed to another. I have no problem with both being taught personally.

Here is a little more on bill for readers.

Nye Goofs! Holds up pic of Arctic while talking about Antarctic –*

http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/02...if-antarctic-has-less-ice-climate-depot-answ/

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
You do realize there is no SCIENTIFIC FACT that explains how we got here?

yes ..Big bang..and billions and billions of years of EVOLUTION ...though maybe not 100% proven...makes alot more logical sense then someone "snapping" there fingers..

paullud

Veteran Expediter
yes ..Big bang..and billions and billions of years of EVOLUTION ...though maybe not 100% proven...makes alot more logical sense then someone "snapping" there fingers..

So your point is that I am right and there is no scientific fact that proves how we got here? So the part of your brain that determines what is logical or not has decided that we just POOF appeared out of thin air and became living human beings created magically from things that were not alive, great theory and reasoning there.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
So your point is that I am right and there is no scientific fact that proves how we got here? So the part of your brain that determines what is logical or not has decided that we just POOF appeared out of thin air and became living human beings created magically from things that were not alive, great theory and reasoning there.

OK ...how would you say life as we know it started..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
OK ...how would you say life as we know it started..

Define "life as we know it." A large segment of the American public will not even acknowledge that a human baby in the womb represents life.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Big bang maybe not 100% proven ..is widely accepted in the scientific community as the beginning... and if you Dont want to believe science then you should not enjoy/live in the society we live in ...how can you a accept science when it benefits you ..like modern medicine.. or your cell phone...but buck up against the bible and science is no good:confused::confused:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just because a person accepts one piece of science saying they must accept all science is a false argument. What is wrong with people believing what they like? Someone may or may not believe in what created life why should we judge either belief?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the big bang a theory which is exactly what you stated should not be taught with public funding?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Just because a person accepts one piece of science saying they must accept all science is a false argument. What is wrong with people believing what they like? Someone may or may not believe in what created life why should we judge either belief?

The agenda of Mr.Nye is that if we as a society Dont teach science to our children.. let them believe only creationism ..we are doomed ..we won't advance as a society..

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the big bang a theory which is exactly what you stated should not be taught with public funding?

It's very ironic that we must not teach one theory of intelligent design because another theory says we magically appeared and were created from a bunch of things that are not living. The people that claim the Big Bang Theory is correct usually have no idea just how ridiculous and pretty much statistically impossible it is.

Same goes the other way for teaching theories.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
In science, a 'theory' is accepted only until something proves it is wrong. The theory of evolution has been around a long time, and every bit of archeological evidence discovered for decades has supported it. Not one iota of fact has proven it wrong. Nada. Zippo. ZERO. Every reputable scientist in every recognized discipline agrees that it is the most [and only] reasonable explanation for how life began - but if evidence says otherwise, there will be no attempt to ignore it. The truth is what they seek, and if evolution turns out not to be truth, [unlikely, at this point], they will keep looking. It's what they do, it's who they are - they can't help it.

In religion and myth, people have handed down stories about how life began for thousands of years, from the time when people believed the sun revolved around the flat earth, and natural disasters [and even thunder & lightning] were 'evidence' of God's feelings. They wanted answers, not truth. They accepted the answers, because they had no way to prove them untrue, and because they like the tradition and the ritual of them. 'Knowing' made them feel powerful in a scary world. The stories are better than the facts that disprove them. [Like, for example, the rings that prove a tree's age, and carbon dating of fossils.]

I know which one makes sense to me.