Big News For Load One

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I think this is a great move for both companies. Nations Express agents will have use of a much bigger asset base fleet over all with this deal. Load1 gains a strong customer base in the south which is only going to benefit more loads in the long run. With these two carriers joining forces under the Load1 brand name, Load1 will be the 3rd largest expedite carrier now. Congratulations to John and his team.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A Melding...perhaps saving lots of Driver's Jobs in a way? Don't know...just putting myself in sayyyy.....an NE Driver's Shoes. Trying to see the positive, if one Co. was struggling. Just a guess. I like the thought of keeping established drivers driving myself.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A Melding...perhaps saving lots of Driver's Jobs in a way? Don't know...just putting myself in sayyyy.....an NE Driver's Shoes. Trying to see the positive, if one Co. was struggling. Just a guess. I like the thought of keeping established drivers driving myself.
Nearly every carrier is struggling....

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nearly every carrier is struggling....
Wish I could help em all figure it out so that people with one income (like me) or even two incomes in the household wouldn't lose sleep being concerned over a lack of loads/money.
Honestly, Ken I think we will see a couple more acquisitions like L1 & NE in the coming year or two.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wish I could help em all figure it out so that people with one income (like me) or even two incomes in the household wouldn't lose sleep being concerned over a lack of loads/money.
Honestly, Ken I think we will see a couple more acquisitions like L1 & NE in the coming year or two.
It's happened in the past, the big eating the small,

Reactions: vandriver2

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's happened in the past, the big eating the small,
Nations wasn't that small and Load 1 expedite on its own not that big...well fair sized ....only if you throw in truckload and specialized ... Which are separate entities.... Now the really big issue.... Will NE customers pay more to move thier loads or will another carrier pick them off one by one...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Being an O/O leased on with L1 I think this is a VERY smart move. I think it's a win win for all parties involved. Seems to me the only nay sayers are the ones that don't even have a dog in the fight.
Smart.... If the existing NE customers stay on board....we are talking reality here and not wishful thinking
No one is allowed an opinion on the deal?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nations wasn't that small and Load 1 expedite on its own not that big...only if you throw in truckload and specialized ... Which are separate entities.... Now the really big issue.... Will NE customers pay more to move thier loads or will another carrier pick them off one by one...
Don't think I've ever ran a NE load, and I have done a few L1 loads so time will tell, I was concerned when NE opened an office in Cleveland, but nothing changed on my end, now with L1 again time will tell.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't think I've ever ran a NE load, and I have done a few L1 loads so time will tell, I was concerned when NE opened an office in Cleveland, but nothing changed on my end, now with L1 again time will tell.
Brokers are a good deal ... Since they get paid when they secure loads ..., unlike hourly dispatchers
( note: positive )

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Some days I truly wonder how I managed to get this tiny little couple hundred truck expedite division of the company to even move any loads. Clearly I must have gotten lucky. . Those darn tractors all run mostly direct unscheduled loads for the most part. So not sure why they don't count. But everyone is entitled to lol at it their way I guess.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just hope that NE is 'converted' to the L1 way, and not vice versa - but I'm pretty confident that's how it will go. John Elliot didn't get where he is by making bad decisions, I trust he knows what he's doing. [Even though I still hate elogs! LOL] ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just hope that NE is 'converted' to the L1 way, and not vice versa - but I'm pretty confident that's how it will go. John Elliot didn't get where he is by making bad decisions, I trust he knows what he's doing. [Even though I still hate elogs! LOL] ;)
No cheap freight will go on NE trucks as usual and the good stuff on L1 trucks.... As John himself once declared.... Cheap won't go on my trucks! :)

Reactions: cheri1122

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any business is a gamble.... You do what you think is right and do your best... John will make this work! He is a good guy! :)

Reactions: ntimevan