Best Starbucks Ever

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
If you like to walk, I have one for you. We're at the Sapp Bros. in Salt Lake City. We decided to go on a walk to downtown because there are sidewalks everywhere. We took a right out of the truckstop, and about a mile down, there is a bridge and on both sides a trail. Why not? We followed the trail. It winds with this greenish, still river. We just kept walking until we reached this little park. Actually a big park. With really pretty flower gardens and statues, and I think a woman singing in Native American. It was pretty neat.

We kept walking though, and it was hot. Our water ran out, no store in sight, but we kept going. It was really hot...lol. We came to the end of the trail, and walked towards downtown. Buildings were in sight, but where were the stores? This lady in front of us kept stopping and looking up at the sky, so I did, and nothing was there. Hmmm. I'm getting really thirsty and then we see a Starbucks. They have excellent cold filtered water, so I go inside completely red and sweaty, and a little emabarrassed asking for water. She gave it to me, and it was the coldest, sweetest relief ever. I loved every minute of that air conditioned starbucks.

Time to go before it gets dark and we're on the wrong side of the tracks. Passed the pair of jeans under the freeway, all the houses with the kids outside paying in the water, the park with people grilling and happy families....back through the winding woods and pathway. Sun beating down on our faces, we made it back to the truck stop. Took us 4 hours, and we ended up walking 9 miles. I always take a pedometer to see how far we've gone. We both got sunburned a little, got really hot, got tired, but had a blast! There's nothing like the feeling of leaving the truck, and just walking....with no definate plan, but seeing where the road takes you.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Best Star Bucs ever?

Dunkin Dognuts NOW THATS COFFEE Starz burns the beans YUCK.

My niece works for Sarz, she even gave me a Dunkin gift card for Christmas, she is a WONDERFULL NIECE.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like a good afternoon! As far as the Starbucks, I don't see what the big deal is, the coffee tastes burned to me too, give me Dunkin Coffee anytime.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Lol....I don't even drink coffee. I was referring to the fact that we had just walked in the heat 5 miles, and that water that I got at Starbucks was just about the most exhilirating water I'd had that whole day. Filtered and wonderful, and enough to give me the energy to walk the other 5 miles back to the truckstop.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Dunkin Dognuts

Broomie: that's my all time favorite typo - I will probably never eat another doughnut again, lol.
And that's a good thing. ;)

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
That does it, I knew or thought I spelled it wrong. OK for Christmas you know what to buy me. Boy all I can do is laugh at myself, God why did I sleep thru English, and turn out to only be a Truck Driver why?

OK its really a good thing I did sleep or better yet I just did not get vowels, adjectives, and thosse bracket things I thought we were gona learn about the final 64 when they dooped us than I lost all intrest.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Broom, don't feel bad, I tease my hubby about his spelling... he teases me about my math! That's the class I slept through. :eek:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Lol....I don't even drink coffee. I was referring to the fact that we had just walked in the heat 5 miles, and that water that I got at Starbucks was just about the most exhilirating water I'd had that whole day. Filtered and wonderful, and enough to give me the energy to walk the other 5 miles back to the truckstop.

LOL....I think I'd have sent hubby for the truck.:eek:

Going Long

Seasoned Expediter
Good old Starbucks...everyone seems to forget they sold crap beans as premium beans not too long ago..not to mention they're way over priced.

Dunkin Dounuts has pretty good Joe..alittle bitter but they use a different kinda cream so it tastes good.

Being a coffee snob..we ground our own beans..it's the only way to go.

Green Mountain coffee out of Vermont is excellent.

lostandfound

Expert Expediter
i was reading the thread and wondering who was going to bring up Mcdonald's Coffee,i also think there coffee is alot better than StarSucks.What gets me is ppl.will go into SS in the mornings order there drink and a danish it comes to $10 tehn wonder why they don't have money.I know it's there monies oh well.sorry bout the rant.