Believe in Miracles

babs3361

Expert Expediter
On Tuesday March 28 we were in Dallas Tx. it was about 12 noon and we got a phone call that is a parents worst nightmare. Our 23 year old daughter Jennilee was taken to the hospital her brain was swelling and they didn't think there was much hope.... 19 hours later we were at out front door and then to the hospital. They have done every test you can think of and the best of care, she is on life support. Yesterday (Friday) morning I was at the hospital at 06:00 and there was still no response from her the doctor said it just didn't look good...... Her Dad, brother, sisters and I went for breakfast at 10:30 they were going to give here a bath. We discussed that it was all up to GOD now and that we need a miracle, either for him to give her back to us or for him to take her home with him so she didn't have to suffer. Her mother in law (Linda) and husband stayed in the room with her. After breakfast I went back to her room and the doctor had been in, while we were at breakfast. Linda started telling me what the doctor had said. Jenni just layed there machines running and all. I said something to Linda and Jenni opened her eyes. My heart I think skipped a few beats. I walked over to her and said Jenni if you hear me squeeze my hand ........... she did, she then tried saying mom past the resperator tubing. I asked her if she wanted to see pictures of her children she shook her head yes. While this is going on the Doctor was peaking back inside the her room. I sure wish I had a video of his jaw hitting the floor. He started asking her questions and she answered him. She is off the resperator and is doing so very well. It will still be awhile for recovery and some rehabilitation but I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!!!! I think everyone for there prayers and I thank GOD for his answer. Her 4 year old Daughter and her 2 month old Son still have a mother... Thank-You Thank-You Thank-YOU!!!!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is a wonderful outcome. Best wishes to all on both sides of that family.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
In six years of working on the Trauma Unit in a major county hospital, dealing with head injuries often, I witnessed an event like yours just two times. In both cases, the absolute joy, even for the staff, is overwhelming - I'm glad it happened for you.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Rene' and I believe in miracles and we are so pleased that you and your family have experienced a great outcome to a terrible experience. Our very best wishes for a full recovery and a return to normalcy for all concerned.

Terry and Rene'

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
God sure is busy on all these miracles, Thanks for letting e.o. members of another one. Want a lot of prayers in short time post it on here.
Right? Terry and Rene. Prayers for continued good health.
Tom G.R. Mi.:) ;) :)

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Great good hsopital, been their for surgery three times myself talking from experience. Two cancer scares and one , two hernia at one time.
We also believe in miracles. Sincerely Tom:7 :) ;)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I started to share this story in my first post. It has a, kind of, punch line. If the Mod Squad thinks this isn't appropriate I will understand if it is deleted.

My experience with this kind of thing happened 12 years ago with my youngest son. He banged his head on pavement real hard. he was unresponsive. An ambulance was called and his Mom called me. I got there in time to ride in the ambulance to the hospital. They said vitals were good and that was a good sign, but we could'nt get him to respond. They worked on him for a while in the ER and then called us in to see if he would respond to our voices. No luck. After a few minutes of that they said they were going to start hooking him up to "stuff". Well, I was already scared and that multiplied it by about a thousand. Our miracle came in the form of a catheter. When they started to put that thing in, he responded. In a BIG way. We were laughing and crying at the same time. He was not quite himself for a week or so but recovered just fine.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
That's a very good hospital. I've had family in there including my wife. I hope things go well toward a full recovery. I too believe in miracles and I know where they come from.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ratwell, if you're referring to the cause of the unresponsiveness, that would be a traumatic brain injury, due to banging head very hard on sidewalk. If you're questioning the sudden awakening - well, Mom & Dad's voices were a normal occurance to the little guy's awareness, but even his subconcious knew that a catheter is not a normal feeling, lol. ;)

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
I asked because my 20 yo daughter had recently hit the floor for no reason, and stopped breathing. She did not go into a comma state, but noone knows why she did this. After this incident, she was in a car accident. While at the hospital they ran a Cat scan on her and the doctors found nothing out of the ordinary.

She is fine now, but I am always worried about her. Anyway, I did not mean to pry. Your post did not say so I thought I would ask. Thanks for the info.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ratwell, I'm sorry to have been a smart%#$ when you were concerned, and I'm sorry to hear of your reason for concern. (I just assumed the original poster was referring to a motor vehicle accident, though it wasn't specified). Regarding your daughter - the same thing happened to mine, as she waited with her husband for surgery on his broken wrist. Because she was a hospital employee, they ran a full battery of tests (if she had any potential liability issues they would have wanted to know!) - and found absolutely nothing to explain it. Sometimes - they just don't know, and we never will, either.
The good news is that that was 10 years ago, & it has never happened again - but the bad part is that now, her husband can truthfully say that the docs looked inside her head, & found - absolutely nothing!! :)