Beef Stew

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I took Linda Caffee's advice and browned several pounds of ground beef while I was home at Christmas. I put the ground beef into serving size zip lock bags and froze them flat so they stack. It is great to pull out a bag and mix items with it for a meal (spaghetti, taco salad, sloppy joes). Thank you Linda!! I also browned a pound of stew meat almost done and added some beef broth to it and froze it in a zip lock bag. Today I put the stew meat in the crock pot, added baby carrots, cut up potatoes, celery and put the temp on low. What a great smell in the truck as we ride along. We know we'll have beef stew for supper later tonight...the perfect cold weather supper.

India Hamner
FedEx CC
D Unit
The reason so many people know the solution is that they created the problem!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If you like dumplings on top, 2 cups Bisquick & 2/3 cup milk, barely stirred together, dropped by spoonful onto the bubbling stew for 20 minutes, with a lid on the last 10, makes it just perfect! :) The same dumplings are also good on chicken & vegetables, too - yummy!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well my comment to this thread is since it was my idea I am hungry now and would like a bowl of stew with dumplings on top! Pass the butter please. Thank You

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
When I was 17 I took a tour of the Krey Meat Packing Plant in Sauget IL. Since that day I have not eaten bologna, sausage or hamburger.

HOWEVER, when I am home I go to a butcher in a nearby local town and get ground sirloin and pork sausage. Linda's tip allowed up to have a nice meal last week. We had ground sirloin a baked potato and a salad, just like home!

Redbird Girl

Seasoned Expediter
While I was home for xmas I mixed up a big batch of pizza meatloaf, it made about 5 mini loafs I baked two and froze them to bring with in the trk. Just thaw and throw in the micro,(without foil mini pan) bake a potato and add some vegies and you have a great home cooked meal.
I also bought some different varitity's of precooked breaded chicken strips,put enough for a meal in a ziplock and wrote the micro directions on the baggie,and there you have a quick meal.

Redbird Girl-LIVESTRONG-LIVE LONG
http://groups.msn.com/RedBirdGirlSnowball/_whatsnew.msnw

Say what needs saying & Do what needs doing because you never know about tommorrow!:9 :9