Bee Stung while driving

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Overdrive has posted the ten worst case scenarios on their web site and they are all something to think about. Here is the one on being stung while driving.

1. Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road
2. Exit your rig as soon as it is safe
3. Remove stinger with knife or credit card
4. Call 911 if having trouble breathing

Here is the link to the original post and the cartoon:

Worst Case Scenarios | Overdrive - Owner Operators Trucking Magazine

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I got stung once, while driving, in California. It was one of the many times my A/C was out and I had windows open.

There were "mobile hives" everywhere since it was early spring and everything was in blossom.

It hurt, a bit, just a honey bee, I ignored it and went on. I guess I have yet to develop an allergy to honey bee stings.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Honey Bees do not bother me at all.

I have developed an allergy to Wasps that continue to get worse each time I am stung. Where I am stung keeps swelling until I can get hold of Benadryl. Once a few years ago when mowing I stuck my elbow in a wasp nest and was stung many times and that is when I started having problems. The pain of that many stings dropped me to my knees and I did not want to repeat that experience.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
These are a perscription item. It may be a good idea to talk to your DR about getting one. We always carried these on our ambulance. It was one of very few meds that an EMT in PA could administer on the spot, without consulting on the radio. If your allergy continues to worsen it could very well save your life.

EpiPen