beautiful new truck

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I got to check out a new truck today while in Ft. Wayne for some work on mine. Anyone who attended MATS could have seen it but for those who didn't here's a link: www.sst100.com and then click expediter.

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That is a nice truck. The model at the truck show was I believe $122,000. They had two there but I believe that was the price of the one pictured.
Davekc

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Wow... very nice... that's a lot of sleeper to be integrated, and on a Columbia at that.

Only thing I wonder is the weight on the front end. Seems like I remember Weave saying his ran heavy on the front with the regular 70" sleeper.

Nice.. very nice.

Dreamer

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Since it is not the high top ect, it should be ok. The weight ratios that Jeff Jones was talking about, would have it in a acceptable range for a class eight.
Davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As I understand it the prototype shown in the photo is a 2005. All new ones will be 2006 and the fuel tanks will be set back. There will be a battery/tool box step under the doors and the fuel tanks will be several feet to the rear for even better weight distribution.

It will really need a second axle installed at some point because it will be around 23k with fuel and owner's stuff in it. I got to take several photos inside the sleeper and it is extremely nice. The door beneath the red stripes is a pass through to the inside for a portapotti. That way you can slide it out to empty from the outside and not have to carry it out through the door.

Leo
truck 4958

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Leo,
Any chance you could upload a couple shots of the interior? I'm sure several folks would be interested.

Dreamer

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Starting out on the passenger side you have the microwave and cabinets below the counter and sink. The next photo shows the nice sized countertop and sink. That's followed by the driver's side with the refrigerator top being around shoulder level. The next shot shows a drawer and cabinet below the fridge. The cabinet is for a portapotti and has access from outside as well. The next shot is the 15" flat screen tv/dvd that folds down from the ceiling. The last shot is the cabinets on the passenger side. You have 3 on that side, 3 on the back wall and 3 on the driver's side all around the top. That one also shows part of the larger passenger side window illustrating the curtains for the window.

Leo
truck 4958