Bag-less Walmart

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I was shocked recently to see the Walmart stores in the Austin, TX area no longer have bags at the registers!

Have any of you seen this in other areas of the country?

I walked into a Walmart in Jacksonville, FL today. Having read this thread I noticed that the gentleman leaving the store had a cart full of high end goods and no bags.
I assumed that the no bags policy must have been implemented here.
Then I heard yelling and saw a blue jacket running after him. He ditched the cart and went sprinting across the parking lot.
Turned out he had implemented his own no bags policy because it is hard to stop and bag things when you are shop lifting. ;)
False call. There were plenty of bags at the register.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"High end goods"? Are you sure you weren't at the WalMart on Rodēo Drive in Ft. Worth?

CCDriver

Active Expediter
The Austin thing at Wal Mart I ran into awhile back. It's not Wal Mart doing it it's the city or county. They got tired of those bags blowing around the streets getting into fences and trees can see a lot more places following suit. Not a tree hugger but they do make a pretty big mess just get a few big cloth bags take them in with you.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Austin thing at Wal Mart I ran into awhile back. It's not Wal Mart doing it it's the city or county. They got tired of those bags blowing around the streets getting into fences and trees can see a lot more places following suit. Not a tree hugger but they do make a pretty big mess just get a few big cloth bags take them in with you.

The bags do not make the mess. Scummy, lazy people who do not pick them up when they drop them do. Cloth bags do NOT make good trash backs in the truck either. They also get dirty and would need washing all the time to not stink up the sleeper.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
The bags do not make the mess. Scummy, lazy people who do not pick them up when they drop them do. Cloth bags do NOT make good trash backs in the truck either. They also get dirty and would need washing all the time to not stink up the sleeper.

You just hate people....there are good people in the world you know...there is good in everybody...might have to dig a little ...
Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You just hate people....there are good people in the world you know...there is good in everybody...might have to dig a little ...

I said scummy, lazy people don't pick up after themselves. THEY create the mess. That is a fact. To say that there is "good" in everyone is a stretch. Good in a Stalin, a Hitler? Good people clean their messes. Scummy lazy people do not. That has nothing to do with hate, just an accurate observation of reality.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I said scummy, lazy people don't pick up after themselves. THEY create the mess. That is a fact. To say that there is "good" in everyone is a stretch. Good in a Stalin, a Hitler? Good people clean their messes. Scummy lazy people do not. That has nothing to do with hate, just an accurate observation of reality.

Not everyone is as perfect as you. :)

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Is this what you look at the world through?

1392300179665.jpg

sent from my Galaxy S3

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not everyone is as perfect as you. :)

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

That would be very difficult to be sure. Picking up your trash is a real effort. It is a constant struggle to do that, even for me. :rolleyes: It's even harder when I have to pick up OTHER people's trash, OH MY! OH MY!!! The HORROR of the effort! :eek: