Backhauls what does your Carrier you for them.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
back hauls started with deregulation,most of you werent around during that time of trucking.
Companies started popping up ,one after another,and the drivers they were hiring,were coming mostly from the armed services,not to say anything bad about them,but,after being away from home for many years fighting battles,many got into trucking.Now,because they didnt want to stay away from home,along came the term,back haul.load going back home.And since it was going home,if it paid for fuel,they would take it.Now many years later,in actuallity,all loads are back haul.But when the rate is so low,they cant get it delivered,a ha,expedite.Moral of the story,you get what you pay for

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Did that make you feel better Greg. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself, you don't have to prove anything to me or anyone else.

I'm just having fun there Dave, not having to prove a thing to anyone because my revenue is not derived from anything here unlike you and others.

As far as what we do you can think what ever you want as to what we do.

I know what you do, I also know what others do and I came to the conclusion that if I wanted to take a chance and use my capital to buy straight trucks that have limited flexibility and put them to work, I am only limiting myself.

I know what we have been doing since I started back in 1995.

AND?

I don't get this, why tell me something that doesn't matter?

You pointed out that others are successful, a couple have only a few years in this business so what does doing anything in 1995 have to do with now?

Now If you think that we are crazy enough to deadhead or empty move our trucks hundreds of miles your wrong, because we don't.

I understand when you work for $1.50 a mile and are at the mercy of a carrier, you have no choice but to limit your unpaid miles. For some, they figure out that it may be better to make that two or three hundred mile trip instead of sitting and waiting for that magic beep! to run to get that $1.50 a mile.

Now I don't care what you or others do Greg and I'm happy if your doing well.

Truthfully Dave, I only care that people don't lose their a** with this business and if I can provide one shred of info to help them, I do.

Not everyone has to post what they make or how they run their business.

But you have. I haven't until you called me out on it. AND then I PM'd you with details all to have you return to the open forum and call me out again - claiming I was full of it.

That is all I'm saying Greg.

But you said more ...

Also when I'm looking for a load for one of our trucks it's starts out at $2.50 per mile if you must know.

That's good.

I know how to run a business and this is not a contest to see who
does the most money Greg.

But you make it a contest. You are the one with the family with 90 years experience and you been doing this for upteen years.

I'm not here to toot my own horn, just help others if I can. Others have helped me on things, even you helped me when your not about who's doing things right and who is doing things wrong.

Glad I could but it doesn't take away from the question you asked, which I answered and you got all defensive about. Backhaul is a dirty word.

Greg, I hope you and your wife have a Happy Thanksgiving and be safe IF your out on the road.

Thanks, you too.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Greg you do know I'm not mad at you, just busting your chops as you do mine. I know how you Italians are because I'm married to one. LOL Tricia gets mad at me when you and I bust each others chops. She just don't like it.