B Train & Log truck qustion

woodguy

Seasoned Expediter
Hello

I am going to be loading a b train with firewood,
the pallats will be 42"x48" how many pallats can i fit on the trailer? also how many bush cord can a tractor trailer haul,, i always thought 24 cord.. but other say 46.

if anyone can answer this it would be appreciated

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Well, I wear underwear, so I certainly know nothing of logging.

And a bush truck? A b train? Ain't that what they use in the "down under"?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Woodguy. I don't know what a "bush cord" is and it doesn't really matter because you need to be concerned with weight not volume.

Where are you, Canada or Michigan? You could probably gross 110 large in Michigan with the proper setup. Maybe more in western Canada.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Now here I go. Not my expertise mind you. A cord of wood is 4 feet deep, 4 feet tall, 8 feet long. And that would be if the wood was split and stacked with no voids. I think a bush cord refers to unsplit wood, there would be voids between the logs or wood. Firewood is usually stacked in this manner and is sold by cords in quantity or by ricks in smaller amounts. A rick being 24 to 16 inches deep, 4 feet tall and 8 feet long. Class dismissed.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello

How many bush cords can a bush cord hauling B-Train haul if a bush cord B-Train could haul bush cords?

But osifer how can I be over gross I only gots 24 bush cord. I thunked the legal limit be 46 bush cord. Plussing don't all da extrim axles count for nuthin.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Mathematically, you could get 24 bush cords of wood on a 48 foot trailer using the 48x42 pallet. Now if you can stack them, theoratically, the sky would be the limit. But as moot has suggested, weight is going to be the contributing factor.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Moose, the only b train I know about is the Brio and Thomas wooden train set we have for the grandkids. I don't think it has a log hauling car.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Billy Strayhorn messed around with chords, probably not bush cords though, and hauled them to market on the "A Train".

Duke, Duke, Duke; Duke of Burl....

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Hello

I am going to be loading a b train with firewood,
the pallats will be 42"x48" how many pallats can i fit on the trailer? also how many bush cord can a tractor trailer haul,, i always thought 24 cord.. but other say 46.

A b train is a tractor pulling two trailers,like the trucks in Michigan with the 22 wheeles,or Canada.
A cord of wood,depending the type of wood weighs about 4300 lbs,so depending on how many lbs you can haul legal,then that will tell you how many pallets you can put in the trailers

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
thought i read in landline sometime ago that in vermont where logging was king they were raising the gvwr. guess woodguy will have to consult local laws on this one.