August locations...

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Falligator wrote:

While the van you own sits as you make payments on it....:rolleyes:

as far as the slow 1st week of the month and loaded/paid mile last month...I'll let that one go...:D:rolleyes:
Gee thanks! And I'm building up funds so I can LLC and put a driver in my van. So I gotta suck it up for a bit.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

FATFILLUP

Active Expediter
Falligator wrote:

as far as the slow 1st week of the month and loaded/paid mile last month...I'll let that one go...:D:rolleyes:

I've been following you for the past few weeks and it seems like you're not getting very many miles. Also, you have been sitting for a week out west. You can't compare what you do with what Faligator does because you have openly stated that you overload your van. You are also driving a van that is over 10K GVWR and it is under-rated. That in itself is not only unprofessional, it is illegal. You should really back off of Faligator before someone calls the DOT in Michigan and has your company audited for running an over 10k GVWR vehicle without a log book!

FATFILLUP

Active Expediter
Oh, yeah, i'd like to see what DOT has to say about overloading a dually truck without all four tires on the truck. By taking two tires off the back axel you have diminished the structural integrety of the vehicle. That is dangerous!;)

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Falligator wrote:

Shouldn't you be busy running loads anyways?! Instead of EO?? LOL

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Oh, yeah, i'd like to see what DOT has to say about overloading a dually truck without all four tires on the truck. By taking two tires off the back axel you have diminished the structural integrety of the vehicle. That is dangerous!;)

It actually is not dangerous, it was done by a professional company and was recertified.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Home. Both of us. By choice.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Don't forget to narc out all those tractor trailers running super singles too...

zack100

Active Expediter
At the great Iowa 80 truck stop, after making my 2nd delivery this week to the John Deere plant in Waterloo IA.

Yesterday, I was leaving the I-80 to skoot to p/u a load and I noticed the L-1 vehicle. Did I say noticed ? Well it was kinda hard to miss as the two were parked side by side ;).

Last edited:

FATFILLUP

Active Expediter
It actually is not dangerous, it was done by a professional company and was recertified.

How can it be safe to overload a 11500 GVWR vehicle with 3800 pounds after the dually tires have been removed. That truck came from the factory with rear dually tires for a reason. If you remove the dually tires then you are removing their purpose which is to provide the truck with stability.

Also, Chef has bragged about not even knowing his actually empty which is not only unprofessional, it's stupid. If that truck is made to haul more than 10k pounds it needs to log and scale and i is only a matter of time before the DOT audits Load 1 and puts Chef out of service for not having a log book.

Those are just the facts. I know someone who has the same set-up as Chef but he still has the dually tires and logs and scales. So, please refrain from critiquing other drivers for their shortcomings when you are even worse than the driver you are attempting to lambaste. You need to learn to be humble and how to not open your mouth so much about things.:rolleyes:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
At the great Iowa 80 truck stop, after making my 2nd delivery this week to the John Deere plant in Waterloo IA.

Yesterday, I was leaving the I-80 to skoot to p/u a load and I noticed the Load 1 van. Did I say noticed ? Well it was kinda hard to miss as the two were parked side by side ;). A Ford 1 ton CV, 7. (2 or 3) powerstroke diesel. Thanks your post, mystery expediter discovered !

Sorry, but not me. I drive a st for JD Clark.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gee thanks! And I'm building up funds so I can LLC and put a driver in my van. So I gotta suck it up for a bit.

Just find someone to take over the payments and just let it go, nice and clean....if you want to drive the sprinter...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
How can it be safe to overload a 11500 GVWR vehicle with 3800 pounds after the dually tires have been removed. That truck came from the factory with rear dually tires for a reason. If you remove the dually tires then you are removing their purpose which is to provide the truck with stability.

Actually the dual tires are for load capacity, the tires are replaced with a special tire and rim by the company so it is done safely and properly. It has already been pointed out that ST and TT are doing the same thing. The original setup of the chassis is for I believe 12,300 lbs so hauling a little over 10k can still be done safely, as for logs if he gets caught hauling an over weight load obviously he is going to have an issue but it does not make it unsafe.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Too many payments left for a van with almost 500K. Good idea tho.

Funny how everyone else can tell you how to run your life:rolleyes:
If what you are doing works for you, more power to you!!!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny how everyone else can tell you how to run your life:rolleyes:
If what you are doing works for you, more power to you!!!
He puts it out here, he gets all that goes with it,:rolleyes: the good and the bad.....an LLC? for a beat up old CV?....

guess i should put an IMO in here....:rolleyes:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL, wow, its all good..Yeap my truck is rated at 12,300 gvw from the factory with a dual rear wheel setup AND WITHOUT A BODY (it is a RV cut-away)!!!! It is whats known as a "Incomplete Vehicle" with a door jam sticker from GM stating that...Any final stage manufacturer (the upfitter body company) then finishes the truck with THEIR setup and body that meets all Fed DOT requirements. The final stage manufacturer can set the GVWR at the 12,300 or anything below the original 12,300 lb rating..Mine happens to be a dual wheel chassis that comes from the factory with 16 in load range E tires rated at 2680 lbs in single and 2470 lbs with the dual setup...BUT, the final stage manufacture changes the rear tires and wheels when the go to the single rear wheel setup...they use a 17.5 in Rickson wheel, and a load range E tire with a rating of 3750 lb.

So the chassis , suspension and brakes have a integrity for up to12,300 lbs...but when the tires setup is changed, they set it at 10.000 lbs (they will also set it at 9000 or 9900 or 9990 ... all totally legal and approved by the Fed gov...

So yes the truck will handle the weights that I put in it and will continue to has long as dispatch finds the loads....as for being over loaded over the 10,000 gvw door jam sticker that is fed approved and one DOT officer has already checked...yeap if I get stopped, i'll be fined thats a given...and it was also a given when i hauled 3500 lbs in a 9600 gvw cargo van and when people haul 3000 lbs in a 3/4 ton Sprinter....and as for the number of wheels and tires, as was pointed out, there are all kinds of TT and ST runnin around with Dual wheel conversions to super singles...It is the way it is and will be....But, if for some reason in the future the Fed feels the need to start regulating under 10.001 CV's, I simply add the dual rear wheels and fender flarers and go back to the 12.300 gvw and log and scale....it really is that simple...and all legal....oh and safe....

had 3878 lbs in the van yesterday..the van sat level, couldn't even tell there was a load in it if you dodn't see it when it was unloaded, didn't sag in the read at all, that 14 ft oad floor lets me put most of the weight in ft of the rear axle ...

That was the last load up to Harlowton MT..that gave me a total just over 2275 loaded paid miles for the week.....as for the income, well lets just say Falligator knows how Load 1 pays.....:D

Oh and as for "sitting out west, I dropped Sunday, loaded out Tues...dropped this am and am now in Fargo ND...with the rest of the week to go....lol sure sounds bad huh....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

FATFILLUP

Active Expediter
Yeah, you got that first load last Friday, so that counts for last week. You get higher rates because you are in a cube van and you take loads away from straight trucks. Once again, you can't compare that with Faligator. You make more money, but your fuel mileage sucks. Faligator makes less but his fuel mileage is 26 mpg. I'd say Faligator has it figured out. Oh, and one other thing, Faliogator didn't have to spend 40k to buy a truck. Ha ha!!

Where is TJP, is he still sitting at the truck stop lol?:p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yeap I got the load fri, but i had already closed that week because i had a good week income wise so the Memphis to Salt Lake was my 1st load that PAID for this week...2 runs that PAY this week already... and yea Shawn didn't have to pay $40 grand for a truck..and neither did I, but thats ok...I am also driving the truck i have a payment on, as he has. but it is sitting while my other truck that is paid for has a driver in it..making me more money, Oh and no it is not a cube van...if your friend is driving the same setup as i am but with the duallies, you should know that...

As for mileage, yeap his 26 beats my 14-15 thats for sure....but then again, you might look at the "tag line on any of OVM's post...you will see how we do it...

As for TJP, I think he is at home after his vacation to Vegas...but since he doesn't drive for me, I don't keep real tigh tabs on him...but i am sure you could PM him and he'd let you know where he his...but again, i am pretty sure he is at home gettin ready to go to bed at his home....but i bet he would really appreciate your concern for him...lol...

Oh as for not comparing my income to Shawns, hey the Sprinters with Load 1 are doing the close to and some weeks better then i am..you see i still run CV and Sprinter loads too...as a matter of fact, the Memphis to Salt Lake was 1 pc 390 lbs....paid right at $1.28 a mile all miles, but the DH was only 24 miles....

Last edited:

FATFILLUP

Active Expediter
Yeah sure you get 15 mpg in that truck loaded down with 3800 pounds in it. You made me spit out my coffee. I'm gonna have to bill you for a new computer. You bragged that you couldn't get no runs with Load-1 with your cargo van, now you brag about an extra income from putting a driver in it. I bet that van sits for days without a load lol.

Look, you are just a big bully trying to diss on Faligator because he had the cojones to tell the truth about your company. Sure you and a few other select drivers do really well, but he did not do well when he was there. Even Guido has been on here talking about he's been praying for a load and hoping for thebest lol.

You really crack me up with your load from Michigan to Tenessee and then the one to Utah and a shorty after that. You've done maybe 2700 miles in 2 weeks and you are trying to manipulate the data lol. You're a true bullsitter my friend!:rolleyes: