August Location

aileron

Expert Expediter
I loved the small loads, they paid alot more per mile than large ones, and could make a good day if a person got enough of them that day.That is what I did in 89, and I made a killing at it, while being able to be home at night 5 times and weekends off. But,of course, things were different back then.

Yeah, when you are on a percentage, usually the shorter the load, the more pay per mile. But since I am now on a flat rate, the longer the load, the more money I make, still the same pay per mile. :eek:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I loved the small loads, they paid alot more per mile than large ones, and could make a good day if a person got enough of them that day.That is what I did in 89, and I made a killing at it, while being able to be home at night 5 times and weekends off. But,of course, things were different back then.

Kinda what I do, weekends off, maybe a road trip one day, local for the rest. Things seem to be picking up this month, we shall see:D

hz909

Seasoned Expediter
Sioux Center, IA. The bugs sound like rain on the windshield.

The consignee said he'd special request me if he gets another one. He liked the time I made.

I'll slow it down a bit heading back to KC.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sioux Center, IA. The bugs sound like rain on the windshield.

The consignee said he'd special request me if he gets another one. He liked the time I made.

I'll slow it down a bit heading back to KC.

Probably locusts/grasshoppers....they are bad out here this year....sounds like hail at times..

EagleXpress

Expert Expediter
This is the silliest thread ever.........no other info, just where you're sittin at the moment............here let me say-there are thousands and thousands of expediters right now sittin in every state........there done ! .............popular thread tho isn't it......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is the silliest thread ever.........no other info, just where you're sittin at the moment............here let me say-there are thousands and thousands of expediters right now sittin in every state........there done ! .............popular thread tho isn't it......

Silly is good at times...*LOL* :D

EagleXpress

Expert Expediter
yep sure is good to be silly once in a while...........sometimes ya get so wrapped up in the biz...........cracking a smile is good medicine !!!!!...........By the way, I'm sittin in Beautiful Bay City,MI......City by the bay !! : )

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
yep sure is good to be silly once in a while...........sometimes ya get so wrapped up in the biz...........cracking a smile is good medicine !!!!!...........By the way, I'm sittin in Beautiful Bay City,MI......City by the bay !! : )

Maybe you'll see the Bay City Rollers hehe:D

poetish

Seasoned Expediter

Silly works, this is always my favorite thread to follow. Not only is it people relaxing instead of trying to drill their opinions across, but it is the least biased glimpse at how the industry is doing in real time.

oh yeah by the way, hi all! Back to lurking :D

EagleXpress

Expert Expediter
hey, JuJu ! I read a lengthy thread (1,957 posts) I was following van and hotshot travels thread. It was very interesting,spanning about a year or so. I was very worried when you and your husband disappeared from the thread. It was like watching a soap on TV ! LOL ! Anyway, glad to see you're both still out there !

transporter

Expert Expediter
eagle the purpose of this thread is to let other expediters know were you are at. So fellow expediters can meet and have lunch together telling tall stories to each other.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
in racine, heading to mad city for tiffin oh for tomorrow morning.

30 min from in service to load. not bad.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey, JuJu ! I read a lengthy thread (1,957 posts) I was following van and hotshot travels thread. It was very interesting,spanning about a year or so. I was very worried when you and your husband disappeared from the thread. It was like watching a soap on TV ! LOL ! Anyway, glad to see you're both still out there !

Yeah, I called it the Ken and Judy show...lol

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Wife just walked in the door ..... said there's a wild turkey in the backyard ..... walked over to the window and sure enough ..... first one I've seen here at the property, although I did once see about 20 of 'em within 5 or 10 miles of here.

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
Wife just walked in the door ..... said there's a wild turkey in the backyard ..... walked over to the window and sure enough ..... first one I've seen here at the property, although I did once see about 20 of 'em within 5 or 10 miles of here.

Put shelled corn out on a regular bases and the turkeys will be there all the time and there GOOD to eat.