Attn, recruiters for ALL companies!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
We would like to have a representative for each company answer questions here. If you are able to take a few minutes every day or so and answer questions about your company in this forum, please contact an Administrator or a Moderator.

Thanks to those recruiters who have stepped forward already!

"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there."

- Zig Ziglar

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: John49

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
Daily post responses

I am the Driver Manager/ Recruiter for All State Express Inc. I will be making a large presence here daily and would be glad to respond to daily posts.

Reactions: SpiritBear

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
Sure does, and glad to be here... I hope one day I will learn all the little tricks of the site...

roadee

Seasoned Expediter
Hi, I'm new to the site and as such I will ask some questions that have been answered,
due to dial up(yawn) it takes a while to read all the past threads in the forums.

I'm testing on my CDL B on tuesday, due to the employment situation I would prefer to move quickly to join a carrier.
The main concern I have is finding loads or a carrier that regularly runs into/out of Minnesota (every 2 to 3 weeks).
I believe that a straight truck(33kGVW) would be the best option as the load choices would appear to be better? I may be wrong
I know you recruit for All-State, is there a demand/need for Expedite drivers based in this area?
If you prefer i can phone you when the you have time.
Thanks for your help with my questions

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Roadee,
Not sure if you have had any answers to your questions, but a simple response would be...if you are willing to stay out 2-3 weeks at a time, MN would be a decent place for you to be domiciled out of. The trick is trying to find a fleet owner that is willing to put on a solo from that area. If you are looking to drive for a fleet owner, you would probabaly have better luck if you try the bigger companies that have more exposure to the big fleet guys. Mention to them first that you are a solo and get right to the chase. You might want to try Matt at Tri-State, Dave at Panther or someone at Fedex. If you are willing to team or start off with your own truck, the door opens for just about anybody out there.

Good Luck and I hope this helps.

ABC

rookmiser

Seasoned Expediter
hi people! real quick!!!! I am 46 drive tractor trailer,haul jit foe averrit .auto parts mostly for nissan,live near nashville,honest hardworking,dependable,love the open road,my son is 21,has taken his class a and dot,we are really interested in getting into the expedited industry,been reading and talking to people for 2.5 month,s,.....have 1 problem, I had a single car accident in 1994 resulted in the death of my feancee and my best freind(her cousin) and injuey,s to my brother and his wife, result..4 felony,s i do not have any other criminal records never been charged for drug,s theft burglary anything of that sort ,no d.u.i,s or d.w.i, I have good work refrence,s. just can,t seem to get anyone to understand .i,m not a bad guy this is,nt a last resort for a job ,this is what we would really like to do. have a little cash to start,been thinking maybe just get my own authority, you recruiters have any advice ? i have also filled out an app for canada crossing authority on line,says it could take up to a year,was going to file for a pardon ,but since it was not through fedral court im not eligible. i will see if alabama allows for applacation of pardon. well thaks for any response...

M

mcclain

I am the President and Founder of McClain Transportation Services, LLC. We are a smaller expediting company based out of Fort Wayne, Indiana and I would be willing to answer any of your questions regarding our company here in this forum.

Reactions: SpiritBear

pepsius

Seasoned Expediter
Well, I've drove TT for 6 yrs and expedite for about 7 mos and loved it with no lates, I'm wondering if there is a way to be able to take my 3yr old grandson with me with any of these companies. I did stop driving to take care of grandson, and I really miss the road.

Ecotech2006

Seasoned Expediter
I would like to know from the company reps. how is business? really? you ask on this forum and you just get the bla,bla,bla talking in circles no straight answers, afraid to give an opinion.
I am itching to get back into expediting but want to be kept busy, I run solo, looking for a straigfht truck or van, ran with PantherII and I like their system, just too many trucks to compete with. Any smaller companies needing drivers? you send messages to some of the ads for drivers and get zero replys, you send in the quick application to companies you get no answers either.

guido4475

Not a Member
hello, al! how have you been? you may remember me as the driver who was always washing my truck outside at all-state and taking cold-water garden-hose showers inside my box afterwards.call me sometime! take care.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
hi people! real quick!!!! I am 46 drive tractor trailer,haul jit foe averrit .auto parts mostly for nissan,live near nashville,honest hardworking,dependable,love the open road,my son is 21,has taken his class a and dot,we are really interested in getting into the expedited industry,been reading and talking to people for 2.5 month,s,.....have 1 problem, I had a single car accident in 1994 resulted in the death of my feancee and my best freind(her cousin) and injuey,s to my brother and his wife, result..4 felony,s i do not have any other criminal records never been charged for drug,s theft burglary anything of that sort ,no d.u.i,s or d.w.i, I have good work refrence,s. just can,t seem to get anyone to understand .i,m not a bad guy this is,nt a last resort for a job ,this is what we would really like to do. have a little cash to start,been thinking maybe just get my own authority, you recruiters have any advice ? i have also filled out an app for canada crossing authority on line,says it could take up to a year,was going to file for a pardon ,but since it was not through fedral court im not eligible. i will see if alabama allows for applacation of pardon. well thaks for any response...

I Don't know how it works in The State of the Violations, But You Might want to Contact a Lawyer In that State and Check on an Expungement, That Will Clean up Your Record! Good Luck! :D

Reactions: Rogue205

teddy_bear65

Seasoned Expediter
I am hoping to get started in the expediting industry, either in vans or straight truck. At this time I do not have a Class B nor do I have any experience.

I live in NW MO and am wondering if this is a good area in which to get into this type of business. I do not want to pursue the O/O route at this time, but I would definitely like to have an opportunity to drive for somebody and get some experience.

Any information anybody could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Terry

gummybear_51

Seasoned Expediter
Re: Daily post responses

We are a H/W team and r looking for a trk to drive.We have been doing exped for 6 yrs now.Do u have any owners looking for drivers?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
While I am not a recruiter, I am always more than happy to answer any private messages or posts on our company. I am also more than willing to try and answer any questions on expediting or the industry that I can.

Reactions: Scott555

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
John,

What is your criterion for awarding loads posted on the Alliance?

I have a business associate that has bid numerous loads posted by Load 1 and he has never been awarded the first load.

His rates are very competitive, so there must be some aspect of your methodology in awarding loads that remains a mystery.