Attackers in Afghanistan wore US uniforms

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
WASHINGTON (AP) — Coalition military authorities in Afghanistan say the insurgents who attacked a British airfield in southwestern Afghanistan on Friday, killing two U.S. Marines, wore U.S. Army uniforms and destroyed six Harrier fighter jets.

They said in a statement Saturday that about 15 insurgents carried out the attack, describing the attack as well coordinated by insurgents who were "well equipped, trained and rehearsed." Fourteen of the 15 were killed. One was captured.

They said attackers penetrated the base's perimeter and were armed with automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and suicide vests. Besides destroying six planes, they destroyed three refueling stations on the base and damaged six aircraft hangars.

more
Attackers in Afghanistan wore US uniforms - Yahoo! News

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
WASHINGTON (AP) — Coalition military authorities in Afghanistan say the insurgents who attacked a British airfield in southwestern Afghanistan on Friday, killing two U.S. Marines, wore U.S. Army uniforms and destroyed six Harrier fighter jets.

They said in a statement Saturday that about 15 insurgents carried out the attack, describing the attack as well coordinated by insurgents who were "well equipped, trained and rehearsed." Fourteen of the 15 were killed. One was captured.

They said attackers penetrated the base's perimeter and were armed with automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and suicide vests. Besides destroying six planes, they destroyed three refueling stations on the base and damaged six aircraft hangars.

more
Attackers in Afghanistan wore US uniforms - Yahoo! News

I have often wondered why we do not use that tactic. Blend in, look like them and it does work successfully. So that said........ The Art of War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a video on utube to the above. I posted it before. I don't know if anyone ever looked at it . Its about an hour or so long, but it is an eye opener. If it is taught in our War Colleges or not I do not know, but maybe it has been shown.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It may be time for Little Boy and Fat Man to resolve the situation over there.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If one adheres to the Geneva Convention it is illegal to dress in anything other than the uniform of the country you are fighting for. Not that the Taliban or any other of those we are fighting, where ever they are.