As stupid as it gets !!!!!!!

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
snopes.com: Barack Obama on Veterans' Health Insurance

THE PRESIDENT WAS PUZZLED??????

He's supposed to be one of the smartest people in the world, according to Democrats.
Read this. You will be amazed at what this guy said.
I can't believe it even after reading it. And he is the President of the United States .
Just unbelievable.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!

President Obama is surprised that veterans do not want to pay their
own medical expenses. Here is Obama's response when he backed off
from his decision to let the military pay for their war injuries.

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon
Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require
veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540
million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for
injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active
duty.

The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of
the opposition to his proposal. "Look, it's an all volunteer force,"
Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to
have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the
costs of their choice? It doesn't compute...

"I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for
their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just
money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its
history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to
try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated
the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

I guess OBAMA just doesn't get that the American people love
and appreciate our military guys and gals who lay their lives on the
line so we can lay our heads down at night in peace.

That's because he is not an AMERICAN at heart.. That much is
obvious. Why in the world people voted for him I'll never know, but
we all will surely pay the price and rue the day that he took
office. America is getting change but not the change they were
looking to get.

It's a shame but the people have been had again. (AS FOREST GUMP
SAYS: "Stupid is as stupid does".)

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE TO SHOW JUST WHAT HE THINKS OF OUR MILITARY WHO FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GET HURT PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM ! !

Those who destroy the protocols of civilization may well one day wish to rely on them.
Thucydides

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I didn't believe even Obama would be stupid enough or arrogant enough to say that. I do believe he's arrogant enough to think it and his being talked into supporting it, even if only for 48 hours, is evidence of his arrogance. Putting aside the comedic over the top dialogue interjected in the report, the mere support of such a reprehensible suggestion for 48 hours or even for 48 seconds should be enough to convince anyone he is unfit.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Heres is another one;

Democrats, realizing the success of the President's "Cash For Clunkers" rebate program, have revamped a major portion of their National Health Care Plan.

President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Sen. Reed are expected to make this major announcement at a joint news conference later this week. I have obtained an advanced copy of the proposal which is named....

"CASH FOR CODGERS" And It Works Like This...

Couples wishing to access health care funds in order to pay for the delivery of a child will be required to turn in one old person. The amount the government grants them will be fixed according to a sliding scale. Older and more prescription dependent 'codgers' will garner the highest amounts.
Special "Bonuses" will be paid for those submitting codgers in targeted groups, such as smokers, alcohol drinkers, persons 10 pounds over their government prescribed weight, and any member of the Republican Party.

Smaller bonuses will be given for 'codgers' who consume beef, soda, fried foods, potato chips, lattes, whole milk, dairy products, bacon, Brussels sprouts, or Girl Scout Cookies.
All 'codgers' will be rendered totally useless via toxic injection. This will insure that they are not secretly resold or their body parts harvested to keep other 'codgers' in repair.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Greg,

I think the difference is that yours is obviously satire while the first one sounds real enough to be believable based on Obama's track record and shared thought processes. I believe he supports the original idea and would like to have it but saw the writing on the wall or else was led by the hand to the correct wall and therefore the idea was pulled in 48 hours. Your position on attribution is well known and not without merit. That said, some things are evident enough that even without attribution they stand based on plentiful tangential evidence.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Leo,
The problem is that a lot of these mis-information emails are sent out for a reason and it is the people who sit there and justify them by using illogic and emotion based on hatred of Obama. You for one, and this is no disrespect, seem to be so rattled by some of this stuff about Obama, it appears that Obama is the only thing driving your life.

I seen this all happen with Bush and the left, and seeing more of it with the "conservatives" some who don't know how to control themselves and get more emotional than some on the left.

The doctor thread is important for a couple reasons, one is that the left has dumped a lot of mis-information out there to overwhelm people to make the fight easier on health care. Many people, maybe including you, may never had to deal with the back end of insurance or health care for your family and I don't mean calling or working in a doctor's office. It is a complex issue, it can be a simplified subject if people stop and look at what is going on to get people fooled but no one can come up with sensible dialog without invoking emotion and hatred.

The other is anyone can write a logically put together statement and say that they are professional, like a doctor. But after working with a lot of doctors, I know most of them will never just put out something in the public without making sure that they are clear they wrote it.

I went to NYC one day for work, I had a client there that setup a meeting with a consultant. He was a security consultant and had some comments on the work we were doing for the client. Now this guy is really smart, he came in with everything documented and rather clear of the problems in our work. We later learned about who he is and his background. He used to become people he wasn't, he was a lawyer one time and a doctor another time and apparently did a really good job faking it that his peers didn't know he never went to college. So to me anyone can write a letter from the point of a doctor's view when they know how to write but it don't mean a thing without credibility.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The VA has been billing my private insurance for as long as I have been going to the VA. They charge co-pays for doctors visits and perscriptions EXCEPT for combat wounded vets, retirees AND destitute vets.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They have been for the 15 years or so that I have been going there. We treat our vets like garbage in this country. We GIVE EVERY Congressman, Senator AND President FREE LIFETIME health care. Our Vets, the ones who REALLY served this country get it stuck right in their ear!! I have even gone as far on one of my perscriptions to have the DR allow me to get it at Wally World were it is CHEAPER what the GOVERNMENT charges me. STILL WANT NATIONAL HEALTH?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I get all my scrips filled at Wal-mart - total cost for all my scrips is less than the total co-pay for two scrips if I was to use my insurance.

The reason we don't treat vets right is the fault of the people, they don't get it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is because people like our Coward in Chief stand up on the floor of the Senate and LIE about our troops and how they act when in combat. He needs to be investigated for treason. Just like his buddy, Slick Willy, who LOATHED what they do. Wonder why vets are treated that way? I don't!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
NO I don't agree, it goes back to fighting wars and the publics perception. WW2 was different, we had a different time and outlook then. Everyone was in the war, no one was not touched by it.

Back in Korea, it wasn't the same issue, most didn't even know a war was on, as a soldier you went there and were forgotten by the many until you got home. The biggest problem with Korea was the war production materials board limited copper and nickel for public consumption and that produced bumpers on cars that rusted. That was it.

Vietnam was pretty much the same thing, we were not impacted by the war, only the body count on the CBS nightly news was what we saw. I remember that idiot cronkite talking about how many VC dead and what they did- actually can close my eyes and see the white numbers in front of shots of enemy dead with his voice. But again we the people were not affected by the war.

The gulf war and the Iraq/afghanistan wars are the same. No impact on the people so there is no concern for the people who are fighting it. Out of sight, out of mind and it is frustrating.

The people are at fault, wee spend more on welfare and food stamps to pay for beer in this country than we do for combat vets.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is a "black eye" on this nation. You are right, people have NO clue what the REAL world is like and what our service people do for us everyday.

EVERY person, reguardless of their MOS, is putting their LIVES on the line for this Nation. EVERYONE serving can be called upon at ANY moment to DIE in that service. That NEEDS to be DRUMMED into the heads of all Americans.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
They have been for the 15 years or so that I have been going there. We treat our vets like garbage in this country. We GIVE EVERY Congressman, Senator AND President FREE LIFETIME health care. Our Vets, the ones who REALLY served this country get it stuck right in their ear!! I have even gone as far on one of my perscriptions to have the DR allow me to get it at Wally World were it is CHEAPER what the GOVERNMENT charges me. STILL WANT NATIONAL HEALTH?

The Vets getting it stuck in their Ear Is a Little Far North Of where They Really Get It! Sad thing about it is that Chances are that Most of these Congressmen and Senators Probably NEVER even Served in the Armed Forces and they Get the Best Health Care for Free or Almost Free and That Sucks! :mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Vets getting it stuck in their Ear Is a Little Far North Of where They Really Get It! Sad thing about it is that Chances are that Most of these Congressmen and Senators Probably NEVER even Served in the Armed Forces and they Get the Best Health Care for Free or Almost Free and That Sucks! :mad:

Don't forget the President AND illegal aliens!!