ARI Comes Through Again

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I are laid over in winter weather, waiting to pick up on Monday. The temp dropped to +8 degrees overnight, which is not severe but cold enough to start worrying about the water freezing up in the sleeper water tanks, hot water heater, pipes, toilet, etc.

This morning I did something I had never thought to do before. I used our infrared thermometer to check temperatures in different parts of the sleeper. Inside the sleeper was toasty warm as it always is. I was surprised to find the storage compartments where the water tanks are to be just as warm, even though the compartments have outside walls and no fans for air circulation.

The water in the toilet cassette was a bit cooler at 60F but all other tanks and pipes were as toasty warm as we were.

This ARI sleeper just gets better and better. If you are spec'ing a truck of your own and want a sleeper that works, my recommendation is ARI.

Yes, this is an unabashed plug for the company. That's OK. A sleeper manufacturer that keeps us toasty warm on a cold winter night gets positive plugs from this satisfied team.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow, when I got my infrared thermometer, I checked the different parts of everything, every square inch of inside and outside the van, the sleeper, walls, floor, ceiling, tires, transmission, engine parts, batteries, fridge, light bulbs, the microwave while it was cooking, the driver's seat, the radio, my feet, if it could be pointed at, it was checked.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow, when I got my infrared thermometer, I checked the different parts of everything, every square inch of inside and outside the van, the sleeper, walls, floor, ceiling, tires, transmission, engine parts, batteries, fridge, light bulbs, the microwave while it was cooking, the driver's seat, the radio, my feet, if it could be pointed at, it was checked.

huh? you ok? ;)

ATeam

Retired Expediter

And the winner is ... ?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The water in the toilet cassette was a bit cooler at 60F but all other tanks and pipes were as toasty warm as we were.
Except for the occasional "splashback" it shouldn't be a problem ..... unless you or Diane were planning on using it as a bidet .... :eek:

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter

Toilet water 60F? Frank, Frank Burns is that you?? This is me, Margaret Hoolihan!