Are you truly receiving 100% of actual FSC?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good Lord, I wasn't discussing my truck....I went by what the DOE suggested rate was for the week.... My husband's tractors are getting .41 FSC on top on there milage, and accessories charges. Another brokerage was offering .26 FSC, yet charging, .42 to shipper....yet stating they pay 100% pass thru to driver....so I thought it was food for conversation... I was attempting dialogues.... I can see why their are only 25 regulars posting on here....
25? Who let 10 more in?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

If you really pay close attention, theres 15 regulars and a few that could be classified kinda irregular.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good Lord, I wasn't discussing my truck....I went by what the DOE suggested rate was for the week.... My husband's tractors are getting .41 FSC on top on there milage, and accessories charges. Another brokerage was offering .26 FSC, yet charging, .42 to shipper....yet stating they pay 100% pass thru to driver....so I thought it was food for conversation... I was attempting dialogues.... I can see why their are only 25 regulars posting on here....
25? Who let 10 more in?

If you really pay close attention, theres a few that could be classified kinda irregular.

Fixed it for ya...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I left my first carrier due to FSC. They changed from paying 100% FSC to a weekly 100% of what they wanted to pay. FSC could’ve been .41 pm but I would only get .20 pm. The rest went to a “ pot” to pay other drivers when a customer would not pay FSC or very little. Or to the bottom line of the carrier. On top of that, they did rate cuts.
They would recruit say 100% FSC. They finally changed that to-Standardized FSC.

I went to Load One and never looked back.

Yes, I was “truly getting 100% FSC “, with Load One.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I left my first carrier due to FSC. They changed from paying 100% FSC to a weekly 100% of what they wanted to pay. FSC could’ve been .41 pm but I would only get .20 pm. The rest went to a “ pot” to pay other drivers when a customer would not pay FSC or very little. Or to the bottom line of the carrier. On top of that, they did rate cuts.

I thought you went to L1 so you spend more time with OVM

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

John Runs a good outfit, My husband had met with him a few times, I wanna say pre 2003???
But my husband had a non compete at the time......

Reactions: Steady Eddie

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
the real reason for the rebuttle was because you had the formula wrong. Pipe1 pointed to the correct formula and that was all we were trying to do. gGad to have you here !!!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I’m gGad to see you here too.

I think .

I’ll let you know as soon as I find out what it means. ( Probably secret fleet owner talk.)

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
the real reason for the rebuttle was because you had the formula wrong. Pipe1 pointed to the correct formula and that was all we were trying to do. gGad to have you here !!!

I didn't use a formula... I used / we use the DOE information.... tho it was
more for info than anything else..... not exact

Last edited:

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Some use an "all in" CPM as acceptable....some use CPM, as a fixed expense and Fuel as a varible..... It was an open question to explore ideas....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Currently my F.S.C. for a cargo van is .18/mile and it is updated every Tuesday in accordance with the D.O.E. national fuel price average and Panther's formula.

Last edited:
Reactions: C&J

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We have been at several different carriers and in most cases it is what the total rate represents. Some pay dh, relocation costs, some pay none. What we observed that if the whole fuel surcharge is paid, they cut the linehaul. They may pay .45 on fsc followed by $1.10 on the line haul. Flat rate may pay .25 fsc, but a 1.30 on the line haul.
Again, been at both types of carriers and it is the bottom line numbers that matter. Keep in mind, in more cases than not, they are all fighting over the same freight.
There is my penny in the pond. :)

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
To me it all comes down to the bottom line. If I like the total rate, I gladly accept the run. If the rate isn’t where I need it to be I ask for a little more or just st say no. Landstar is good about paying 100% fsc but some brokers don’t break it out. It’s just do you want the run for this much money. Just like all of the other accessorial charges. If you want everything broken down on every run to make sure you are getting every last dime. And you make a big deal out of it on every run. Finally the agent decides you are way too much work and just calls someone else. It’s your business and you can run it your way. But the agents usually have more than one truck available and don’t need you that badly. And yes some agents do cheat. I was in an agents office one time and heard her the the customer. “Ok that’s gonna cost ya $4,500.00 then she called the drive and said “the run pays $3,500.00 and you get 62% of that. He was pleased and accepted the run.