Are you slow?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I think it's time of the year different plants are slowing down for July , and all time off, and setting up for new model year, has happen for last 20 years of doing this

Marty

Veteran Expediter
I think too many people have come into our industry. It is a matter of supply and demand. The demand for loads is high due to the amount of expediters out there compared to the supply of loads. I think we should explain this to newbies and try to dissuade people from entering the industry until conditions improve significantly. If not we all will live with low rates and load supply deficiencies.

boonsdad

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
With companies making record profits the rates are only low to the drivers. Trucking companies are making a killing selling loads to their own expedite divisions. Anyone that really thinks they are bidding loads this low is out of their mind.

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Still.... Too many units fosters low rates for them.... Like any other commodity in a free market environment. Adapt and Overcome ... or fail.
Simple as that!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is saying "I can adapt but it's just not worth it for decreased ROI " considered failure ?
Or is working for less return the real failure ?
See little reason for things to return to "The good old days."

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I agree as far as traditional expediting is concerned, there is little reason to believe a return to the good old days is rationale thinking but if one choses to enter or remain in this business one has to consider different approaches to survive... let alone thrive.
ROI is a relative concept to the individual player. Some may find that just making ends meet while enjoying the lifestyle makes it all the worthwhile.... while others with more resources and/or resourcefulness will reap more than anyone who keeps running at an overall loss.
Many don't realize all that goes into determining "overall loss" until disaster strikes.
Isn't this last statement true in regards to most things in life?