Are we moving posts again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I just put a post up in regards to Greg334 and come back to see it moved. I don't understand why you guys are doing this kind of stuff. Are you trying to run off your members? It's not my website, but you will leave some crazy thing in the General Expedite Forum that should be moved and you move a post asking if EO's number one poster is okay. There was nothing wrong with asking about someone. Dang Guys you are getting to be like the EO Police not Mods.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
dave, there was a previous post on this that obviously led to much drama so the greg subject is null and void.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
dave, there was a previous post on this that obviously led to much drama so the greg subject is null and void.

Tom

What happened? Also when is Lawrence going to make you a Mod? I don't follow other sites just EO.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dave, why don't you simply PM Lawrence and ask him directly why he moved the post?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just put a post up in regards to Greg334 and come back to see it moved. I don't understand why you guys are doing this kind of stuff. Are you trying to run off your members? It's not my website, but you will leave some crazy thing in the General Expedite Forum that should be moved and you move a post asking if EO's number one poster is okay. There was nothing wrong with asking about someone. Dang Guys you are getting to be like the EO Police not Mods.
Mods/police...same thing....we enforce the rules/laws of this PRIVATE domain....

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Dave,

Yes, we move threads on a regular basis and we will continue to moderate the forum as needed.

For your benefit - please read our policy:

===========================
How The Code is Enforced
1. Post deletion and edit
Offending posts may be deleted without notice. If a moderator or administrator must edit a post to remove offending comments, a note will be made by moderator. Posts may also be moved to a more appropriate forum without notice.
2. Warnings
We want to give you as much room as possible to prove you can be a benefit to the community. Warnings for misconduct will be issued as often as deemed necessary by the moderators and administrators.
3. Good Deed Clause
Redemption is sometimes possible through a Good Deeds clause. This would normally involve a victim accepting a sincere apology from the offender. If the victim and offender have made amends, moderators and administrators will look at the situation and act accordingly.
4. Ban
When necessary, we reserve the right to remove a person's posting privileges for a short period of time, or forever. So if you are banned for a short period of time, DO NOT burn your bridge back to the community. Contact a administrator in private to voice any complaints and or apologies.

Problem Resolution

This Code of Conduct is not meant as legal code that doles out justice, but instead is a basic guide for good conduct. Because of this, moderators and administrators are under no obligation to take on a case if it seems counter-productive to do so; e.g. taking retro-active measures that do not affect the present atmosphere of the forums. Moderators and administrators would prefer NOT to have to ban anyone from the forums, but must utilize these rules due to the size of the community and the vast amount of personality types that will frequent it.

The moderators and administrators are the sole arbitrators of the Code of Conduct and will pass judgment on a case-by-case basis. Members are asked to notify the moderators by reporting violations of the Code of Conduct within a reasonable time period after the alleged violation occurs.

Moderators are in contact daily contact via the Moderator Cafe - a private forum, and must justify their actions there. After the issue is discussed between moderators and administrators, a representative will contact you concerning the decision. The notoriously fickle and blurry nature of such exchanges makes it nearly impossible to draw up a precise definition of exactly what constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct. Moderators and administrators are more often than not simply forced to draw upon their vast and collective experience to adjudicate when enough is enough, and take whatever steps they deem necessary in order to keep the peace, good will and reputation of the forum.
A Note on Common Courtesy
Check if your topic is being discussed in another thread before starting a new one. New threads should be posted in appropriate forums. Please don't derail threads more than necessary and get back on topic ASAP. We reserve to lock any thread that has run its course. We frown on thread-jamming (i.e. interrupting the flow of a thread with brief posts without really participating in the discussion).

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Dave,

Yes, we move threads on a regular basis and we will continue to moderate the forum as needed.

How The Code is Enforced
Offending posts may be deleted without notice. If a moderator or administrator must edit a post to remove offending comments, a note will be made by moderator. Posts may also be moved to a more appropriate forum without notice.
2. Warnings
We want to give you as much room as possible to prove you can be a benefit to the community. Warnings for misconduct will be issued as often as deemed necessary by the moderators and administrators.
3. Good Deed Clause
Redemption is sometimes possible through a Good Deeds clause. This would normally involve a victim accepting a sincere apology from the offender. If the victim and offender have made amends, moderators and administrators will look at the situation and act accordingly.
4. Ban
When necessary, we reserve the right to remove a person's posting privileges for a short period of time, or forever. So if you are banned for a short period of time, DO NOT burn your bridge back to the community. Contact a administrator in private to voice any complaints and or apologies.

Problem Resolution

This Code of Conduct is not meant as legal code that doles out justice, but instead is a basic guide for good conduct. Because of this, moderators and administrators are under no obligation to take on a case if it seems counter-productive to do so; e.g. taking retro-active measures that do not affect the present atmosphere of the forums. Moderators and administrators would prefer NOT to have to ban anyone from the forums, but must utilize these rules due to the size of the community and the vast amount of personality types that will frequent it.

The moderators and administrators are the sole arbitrators of the Code of Conduct and will pass judgment on a case-by-case basis. Members are asked to notify the moderators by reporting violations of the Code of Conduct within a reasonable time period after the alleged violation occurs.

Moderators are in contact daily contact via the Moderator Cafe - a private forum, and must justify their actions there. After the issue is discussed between moderators and administrators, a representative will contact you concerning the decision. The notoriously fickle and blurry nature of such exchanges makes it nearly impossible to draw up a precise definition of exactly what constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct. Moderators and administrators are more often than not simply forced to draw upon their vast and collective experience to adjudicate when enough is enough, and take whatever steps they deem necessary in order to keep the peace, good will and reputation of the forum.
Check if your topic is being discussed in another thread before starting a new one. New threads should be posted in appropriate forums. Please don't derail threads more than necessary and get back on topic ASAP. We reserve to lock any thread that has run its course. We frown on thread-jamming (i.e. interrupting the flow of a thread with brief posts without really participating in the discussion).

You know you done did it when you get introuble on a website lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

MissKat

Expert Expediter
My girl scout decoder ring always let's me know when I'm offensive.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dave,

How The Code is Enforced
2. Warnings
3. Good Deed Clause
4. Ban

Problem Resolution

I read them, which I understand your point and agree with them. This is your website and you have rules that needs to be followed by all, even the Moderators. EO has customers that support the website along with the Expedite Expo. As a person that is of the Republican party just like LEO is, I feel that some of the post's Leo has posted have be way out of line as a Moderator that represents Expediters Online and Ontime Media. The post with the Donkey could have been handled in a different way and his actions reflect on EO and Ontime Media because he is a Moderator. As a small paying customer that place's advertisements every other month with Ontime Media I feel that for the good of Expediters Online and Ontime Media that the post should be removed because it offended me and others.

Leo may have not meant it too, but it did. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your website in any way. It's just I have seen you work really hard over the last eighteen years to take EO where it is today. The reason I posted this here wasn't to start drama or a backlash against LEO or EO. It was so people know that you are a caring person and will listen to what your members and small customers have to say.

We have more important things to worry about than Drama on EO. We need to be praying for Jack Berry and his wife during this hard time in their life's.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Are you actually suggesting that advertisers should be able to dictate the content of the Forums based on whether or not they are offended by something? Seriously? Wow.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd like to see a "sponsored" Games section in its place....High score of the month on a certain sponsored game....say a $10/$20.00 fuel card....sponsors would get more exposure and there'd be some real fun....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, first I'm a conservative but not a republican or democrat. Second, anyone that gets offended by a euphemism to the point of dwelling on it for days needs to get a better grip, maybe taking hold of their own donkey with both hands and giving it a good squeeze or even a major slap or two as a reminder when talking about the donkey we're talking about the ***, backside, behind, buns, butt, buttocks, cheeks, derriere, fanny, gluteus maximus, heinie, keister, posterior, seat and I'm sure others not included in the list. Special note should be made of the first word in the list, ***, the reason for using donkey in the first place. Any negative or derogatory images or usage are strictly on the part of and in the mind of others. Shame on them, not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.