ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
minnow-fishing-live-bait-rigs-862x483.jpg
...image_search_1555738532944.jpeg

...$$$$

dalscott

Expert Expediter
I am not on Facebook, Instagram, or Messenger. Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg are too intrusive into our lives. True, not getting worked up over the smallest of things is great advice. I used to be that way. As many would beg to differ, I really am a laid back guy.

Times change? Sure do. The amount of closed automotive plants is astounding. Virginia Beach Ford, St. Louis Ford, Chrysler in Newark, De, The one in Jersey, just to name a few. Cutbacks and finding ways to make a product with less manpower.

That is so true. I just wonder what they are going to do (along with McDonald’s and many others) when nobody can afford a car or a Big Mack.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
That is so true. I just wonder what they are going to do (along with McDonald’s and many others) when nobody can afford a car or a Big Mack.

Exactly. Although it may be a good idea for the companies to move operations into a foreign country to save money, I just dont see it. They leave behind so many unemployed loyal former employees, jacking up the unemployment rate. Now, who's going to buy their foreign made products? I honestly believe that if we made everything in this country that we consume, use, etc, there would not be unemployment and this country would flourish. It would be a win-win for everyone.

But as companies grow, so does their appetites for greed and profits. So many companies forget where they came from, and who got them there. The employees are no longer loyal, and morale is lost as well. Such a sad thing. Happens all the time.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Exactly. Although it may be a good idea for the companies to move operations into a foreign country to save money, I just dont see it. They leave behind so many unemployed loyal former employees, jacking up the unemployment rate. Now, who's going to buy their foreign made products? I honestly believe that if we made everything in this country that we consume, use, etc, there would not be unemployment and this country would flourish. It would be a win-win for everyone.

But as companies grow, so does their appetites for greed and profits. So many companies forget where they came from, and who got them there. The employees are no longer loyal, and morale is lost as well. Such a sad thing. Happens all the time.
Whew! If what you say is true, how did Walmart get so big selling less expensive foreign goods.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

OH , McDonald's will survive and still prosper as they have in the past . I get the Stock Dividend check every Month to prove their Business model works ..

...$$$$

Reactions: RoadTime

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OH , McDonald's will survive and still prosper as they have in the past . I get the Stock Dividend check every Month to prove their Business model works ..
emoji16.png
emoji16.png
Every month ?? Lucky you. The rest of the stock holders get dividends quarterly. (Every 3 months)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every month ?? Lucky you. The rest of the stock holders get dividends quarterly. (Every 3 months)
Technically It's My Father's , and as a POA handing his finances (since my Mother's passing last October) and he is suffering from Dementia (4years) . He originally purchased McDonald's stock back in the 80's . The stock splits and rebuys and pays dividends accordingly to how he originally set it up . Not to bad for an Iowa Farm boy (my Dad ).
I have just completed setting up his Account with Edward's & Jones so his Dividends are now directly deposited into his bank account. For Security Reasons I cannot show the Photo Copy of his 3 Dividend checks from McDonald's since the 1rst of year , nor should I need to . OH , by the way Speaking of the trucking industry , my Mom & Dad have owned stock in Heartland Express for over 25 years . And yes that account plus a few others do pay Dividends Quarterly to their estate...

...$$$$

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For the present, I'm infatuated with my shiny new visa debit cashback....

Never had one. Cashback actually encourages me to pay bills rather than let them season for awhile :tearsofjoy:

0.5%, but the no fee 1.5% will be here soon

Edit: ok this is kinda cool. Cashback on all my cellphones for 6 people, tv and internet, fuel for van and vehicles, repair parts, all food and groceries...and no fear of interest cause its prepaid! My particular card holds up to $20,000

What a scam these credit card companies had going on. 2-4% of every purchase plus interest on those who didn't pay off...whoever decided to share that deserves a medal

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Why dont you ask Sam Walton that??...lol..

How can cheap rate freight haulers turn a profit ??
Well.......many/most of the cheapest Vanners are knot O/O's. They are clusters from 2 categories
Foreign drivers in beat up vans/boxes that, even working cheap, live like krap, but never had it so good. Owner of old trucks does fine and has a working business model.
Or, small van fleets where owner chisels and drivers turn over after a few months because they get cheated, screwed out of settlement and leave. Always someone waiting to hold the steering wheel because they are blinded by the "potential" to earn over $1000/week. Again, owner does fine and has a working business model.

You can hate the situation but it ain't changing. Rates won't increase, load availability won't increase and our operating costs won't decrease. There will be periodic thinning of the heard but, thanks to FB & You Tube doing such a fine job of attracting new Vanners with the promise if easy money, they will continue to roll in.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m so new, but I see this industry like I saw Motorcycles a few years back.

Sons of Anarchy spawned a million motorcycles, over paying, acting like idiots.

Now, the show is off the air, and you can buy a older Harley for $1,500 if you shop on Craigslist.

I own a new van, and I see a lot of people just like me, just starting o/o. Only, I drove for a fleet owner first. I learned what I was getting into.

I’m looking forward to the barn burner sales on all these vans when the shine wears off, and start looking for their new “career”.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Technically It's My Father's , and as a POA handing his finances (since my Mother's passing last October) and he is suffering from Dementia (4years) . He originally purchased McDonald's stock back in the 80's . The stock splits and rebuys and pays dividends accordingly to how he originally set it up . Not to bad for an Iowa Farm boy (my Dad ).
I have just completed setting up his Account with Edward's & Jones so his Dividends are now directly deposited into his bank account. For Security Reasons I cannot show the Photo Copy of his 3 Dividend checks from McDonald's since the 1rst of year , nor should I need to . OH , by the way Speaking of the trucking industry , my Mom & Dad have owned stock in Heartland Express for over 25 years . And yes that account plus a few others do pay Dividends Quarterly to their estate...

...$$$$

That may be true now but wait until we 30 or 40% unemployment and nobody can afford extras. Let’s see if you can say the same thing then.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That may be true now but wait until we 30 or 40% unemployment and nobody can afford extras. Let’s see if you can say the same thing then.

Well , I got 14 months till Retirement. And outside of my Family Circle I really don't give a ( " " ) what goes on in the world . I don't play the Race , Religion or Politics game . Its makes Life alot less Stressful , soon all I will have to Stress about is which Bait to use on my fishing line..

...$$$$