April Locations and Banter

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
"THEY" say...I would take it carefully out of the box and field try it first....for the compressor to kick in and see if it handles the surge....then let it run to see if it doesn't kick out...some will, some won't...like I said no problem with the Edgestar running....but I have another model at home same BTU's but it doesn't run with gen...it draws more power then the Edgestar..but same BTU's...

And it works well at home..not like I need it this morning..it's about 30 degrees...*LOL*

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
"THEY" say...I would take it carefully out of the box and field try it first....for the compressor to kick in and see if it handles the surge....then let it run to see if it doesn't kick out...some will, some won't...like I said no problem with the Edgestar running....but I have another model at home same BTU's but it doesn't run with gen...it draws more power then the Edgestar..but same BTU's...

We had a Yamaha EFI 2800 on our sailboat. The sailboat had a 16k & 10k btu AC on it. The 2800 would run easily the 10k. The 16k we had to turn it on let it run up, turn it off and then immediately turn it back on and it would run fine after that with no issues during cycling. I think the biggest thing is the initial power surge needed at start up and the rated momentary peak output of the genny. Sometimes the peak output of the genny doesn't run long enough to get the AC through the initial start up to get to the ramp down stage.

Need to know the peak specs of each and then size the AC for a little under of the genny.

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.

guido4475

Not a Member
This is a pure example of dedication to his owner-operators(John Elliott) and not meant as a kiss-*** comment, but true reality.Last night at midnight, him and I were e-mailing each other discussing this(me not getting a load, and solutions to the problem) for awile.The man is on vacation with his family, and he still is keeping track of things.What other company owner does that?....Mike Bayko even got involved in this..Now I feel like a real guilty turd...lol..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Cover those things up guido!!! :eek:

Ok on the 10 -12,000 BTU AC units...my 2200 surge /2000 continous run honeywell would run my 12,000 roll around with no problem...now...the new ac i bought yesterday is a LG 10,000 btu...if i run the temo down to 60* and run the generator n the "efficency mode" the cycling of the ac will sht the generator down...if i run the "efficency" mode off..no problem, just uses moore gas...if I run the ac at 68 - 70* , no problem in the efficency mode as the compressor doesn't cycle as much...

I am ok with the 10,000 and the honeywell, but an 8000 btu unit will do the job in most if not all cases and most all generators that we use will power that with no problem....

Now wit that out of the way...Yeap,, finaly met guido, What a nice guy..even in his current mood, whuch any of us can understand, he still can smile and enjoy the comoany others and provide good company also...Nice to meet you and BS with you Guido...

guido4475

Not a Member
Right back at ya, Mr.Chef!! We all going out to dinner?Is Ziggy going to be here by then? going in fer a shower, then into town for some things..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Had a nice dinner with Guido, Jenny and Nick, and another couple that are friends with Nick & Jenny...Sittin back at the "J" down here and Guido took off for Ark...hope it all works out for you Guido...

guido4475

Not a Member
Thanks, Chef.It was great having dinner with you all, brings back alot of memories of the way it used to be back in the day..I really hated to leave, but, ...Here in Waco, guess the weather is pretty bad north of me..Tornadoes, stuff like that..I'll wake up in the am and finish it off..Hey, I forgot to get a few pics of youre van, could you send a few of them, in and out, to me via e-mail? Take care, and I hope OVM gets his appetite back soon..lol..Must of been pretty bad, he wont even answer the phone! lol..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
haha funny Guido....:D

actually I think I got a bit of a dry socket from that tooth that was pulled....my jaw is REAL sore....talking upsets it...

Good you moved...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've got 1 wisdom tooth left that makes me 75% unwise I guess...lol...1 more out and take me to the funny farm...:p

When I get my falsies...does that make me artificially wise? or just stupid by proxie?;)

guido4475

Not a Member
It has been a lifelong dream of mine..to have straight and normal teeth...But, due to me being such a pansy and being scared to death of dentists shoving unwanted things in my mouth, as you all can guess, it just ain't happening...But I come to realize I cant go theough the rest of my life eating soft food, especially as much as I love a good steak, pork chops, prime rib, etc..But now, it is a financial thing.Especially with no insurance, this will get expensive, between the surgery removing teeth,etc,and putting me to sleep..The dentist told me I will have a problem biting my tongue after I get dentures, because my tongue will not be acustomed to a mouth full of teeth..And I may gain weight because I will be able to chew food faster and easier..If only I would of listened to my paerents, instead of being so stubborn as a kid...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It has been a lifelong dream of mine..to have straight and normal teeth...But, due to me being such a pansy and being scared to death of dentists shoving unwanted things in my mouth, as you all can guess, it just ain't happening...But I come to realize I cant go theough the rest of my life eating soft food, especially as much as I love a good steak, pork chops, prime rib, etc..But now, it is a financial thing.Especially with no insurance, this will get expensive, between the surgery removing teeth,etc,and putting me to sleep..The dentist told me I will have a problem biting my tongue after I get dentures, because my tongue will not be acustomed to a mouth full of teeth..And I may gain weight because I will be able to chew food faster and easier..If only I would of listened to my paerents, instead of being so stubborn as a kid...

One step at a time Dave...maybe find a dentist that will let ya make monthly payments...another driver I know had all his yanked for about 2k including the plates....

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Laredo Fri..didn't plan on getting a load over the weekend, then add easter...Figured Tues, maybe Weds...Eagle Pass Tx to Orangeburg Sc....Seeya....:D