April 2020 Fools & Follies

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From what I see where it's less populated, nobody cares.

No protection, heading to work in a cluster talking.

Fortunately I won't be going out in it for a few days. Nursed the sprinter home. 140,000 miles is the fuel filter limit apparently, against the wind and uphill, foomp noise and no power. I also noticed checking it over that the power steering RACK is what's leaking. Fortunately I have a brand new one in stock, bought a pile of sprinter parts last year.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
From what I see where it's less populated, nobody cares.

No protection, heading to work in a cluster talking.

Fortunately I won't be going out in it for a few days. Nursed the sprinter home. 140,000 miles is the fuel filter limit apparently, against the wind and uphill, foomp noise and no power. I also noticed checking it over that the power steering RACK is what's leaking. Fortunately I have a brand new one in stock, bought a pile of sprinter parts last year.

Yeah, I understand that the computer wants to prevent engine damage from low fuel pressure, but to shut the engine down, that is not good. When i had my sprinter, I experienced that also, put the accelerator to the floor to get up to speed to merge and then boom, nothing. Ugh what a feeling.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I understand that the computer wants to prevent engine damage from low fuel pressure, but to shut the engine down, that is not good. When i had my sprinter, I experienced that also, put the accelerator to the floor to get up to speed to merge and then boom, nothing. Ugh what a feeling.
Thanks, now I have Flashdance stuck in my head. :jester:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My weekly hazmat. Toronto to south of Montreal instead of north.

Still zero calls except DoD and Hazmat.

Which should probably be expected for a cross border driver that refused to cross the border or do retail....

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good God man, how fast are you driving?

100-115 kmh depending. If something is wrong with that mileage for a 6.0 Chevy conversion van, say something, I'll check it out, but I've heard from quite a few that's normal. It would have likely got the same mileage at 160 kmh, or idling in the driveway from my experience

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now my typical 24 hours of internet searching - step 1 to find parts for a rearend

I've found a rebuild kit as cheap as $300 and an entire NOS differential from a local dealer for $16,600

Going to total up the special tools I don't have + parts against the junkyard options... I had found an entire 2006 van with 140,000 miles for $2000 but didn't move fast enough. Paid off debt all year, 10k so far.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
100-115 kmh depending. If something is wrong with that mileage for a 6.0 Chevy conversion van, say something, I'll check it out, but I've heard from quite a few that's normal. It would have likely got the same mileage at 160 kmh, or idling in the driveway from my experience

Maybe the conversion part is the issue, I would have expected better mileage. I rented a Penske cube last year and got 15 with it.....did stay under 65mph though.

Reactions: brokcanadian