April 2020 Fools & Follies

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
$581 for 50 miles... (150 miles from my front door back to my front door)

Now for the gruelling 50 mile drive home.

Hope this isn't a one-off.

Applied for this work a year ago, got cleared about a month ago. Benefits of a clean record (or, benefits of never getting caught :cool: )

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Damn, I had a good day

Picked up at Frito lay in Lynchburg Virginia. I couldn't pass a free snack of Funyuns, it's been so long since I've had them I thought they didn't make them anymore. I'll tell you what, the people who work there definitely get their snacks

Simple drop and hook and off to some beautiful scenic driving. Drove longer then planned and still found lots of parking (I had my fingers crossed haha). Will be delivering west of Chicago Thursday morning. Should have enough hours to get me a home load. Hopefully, I won't have to wait as long for the next load

Side note: based on economic numbers we may be slipping past a recession and right into a depression.

That's a scary thought. Makes me rethink more about what job I want to have if we do hit rock bottom

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: brokcanadian

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If anybody is actually running - post where. Gotta be the slowest monthly thread ever. You'd think something weird was going on? ;)
I got home last night and started my 4 day, self-imposed Safe At Home OOS lockdown. My last 7 loads have all had morning pickup times. 4 of the 7 were offered the night before. Could it be that shippers are concerned about not getting a truck on short notice?
I-295 heading south, just south of I-90 on the east side of O'Hare at 17:05 Tuesday evening. Also Illinois has closed the cash boxes at toll plazas. I-Pass etc or pay on line.
I-294.PNG
toll 1.JPGtoll 2.JPG

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Emptied out by Joliet Illinois . Pick up 7 miles away taking me home

Was a great plan until I find out it doesn't pick up for 24hrs

There going to see what else they can do. Suppose to be home today...I'm not holding breath

Side note: Windy day gusts +55 mph with Snow squalls

I'm ready to get out of dodge

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now a hazmat that pays well

Southern Ontario to somewhere near Montreal I've never heard of. Unfortunately crossing into Quebec is similar to USA, trip inspection and HOS. Pain in the ass - but I won't complain

I did turn down a good paying job today, i'd have to self load in a busy warehouse and deliver to multiple retail locations. No thanks

Tip: I'm getting either hazmat or DoD deliveries only this month (or the retail I've turned down twice) if I hadn't applied during last year's slowdown I'd be screwed right now

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ugh, I guess I hit a snow squall or something in Michigan as I got to the J in Woodhaven.
All I know is it got bad fast. Truck covered in ice. Too long of a day to mess with this. I'm going to bed :rolleyes:

Maybe when I wake up I'll have the answer if this was my last trip or not. I've yet to be more then 99% sure.
Dang 1% :JC-hysterical:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I didn't even realize that Sunday was Easter.

This should be interesting, will people stay at home or help spread the virus?

ca-times.brightspotcdn.com.jpg

Reactions: Hummer53