Anyone seen UPS trucks yet???

Rikk

Expert Expediter
Anyone seen a ups expeditor yet? I know they purchased a company a year or so ago, but haven't seen a UPS expeditor on the road yet.

Just a wondering...

Rikk Sullenberger
KG4AAO
D-Unit

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>UPS is weak. We own them.

You do? wow I didn't know that there were any billionaires out here.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Now that's funny kangaroo. If you've been fed that, and it sunk in....:7 :( :( :( :( :( then I have a beautiful antique bridge for sale in Brooklyn. Cheap!!!

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
anyone seen the UPS flatbeds? we see them around Memphis and
Alabama. they are tarped so I can't tell what they are
hauling

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
guess I should open my eyes more I haven't seen one yet

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

Gener8

Expert Expediter
Never been accused of fast fingers before.

I saw a UPS Expedite van shortly after they first started putting on vans. The driver was from Okalhoma city but he deadheaded to Dallas to try to get a load. But that was quite awhile ago.

are12

Expert Expediter
<<They are hauling Panther trucks>>

You haven't heard?? Those are the new trucks for UPS with the black cat logo on the side. :+ :+

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Where's that Roo that wants to buy a bridge???

bubbles

Seasoned Expediter
no but wish they would buy panther like the rumors maybe they could learn how to use the phone system cant even get through even when we have a question about a load but then thats what u get when only hire temps

Stoff

Expert Expediter
The use of temps may explain alot of things about not only the phones but the Qual Comm system as well. I thought I was the only one getting frustrated !!

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
The UPS people have covered wagons because they haul four fifty thousand pound coils at a time. They avoid scales and make tons of money that way. :9 :p :9

On a serious note...there are many small steel carriers that use covered wagons for that reason.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
kangaroo,
i'm assuming you've never pulled a flatbed. let me let you in on a bit of info. when you put 1 44,000 pound coil on a spread axle flatbed you can look in the rear view mirror and watch your trailer bow and slight go up and down. if you put 4 50k coils which would be 200,000 lbs the trailer would be bowing and moving up and down so much they probobly wouldn't be able to control the truck. i don't know who told you that, but they must not have known what they where talking about either. all i'm saying is the trailer would need more than 2 axles to support that kinda weight.