anyone know about crossroads or load 1

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
trying to find out if either is hiring for cargo van or sprinter. and the good and bad about either one. i was with panther for 3 years from 2011 to 2014. so i know a little about expediting .....and would like to go with a company that dont have a van in every parking lot in america.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I know Load 1 has a very long list of sprinters that want to sign on.

I don't know about Crossroads, but find out directly from the horse's mouth. Pm Murraycroexp and ask him.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
.....and would like to go with a company that dont have a van in every parking lot in america.
It's not the number of Panther vans in every parking lot in America, it's the number of vans, period, in every parking lot. Panther and all the rest of them, generally speaking, get their customers from the same places picking up at the same shippers.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Hey there, Localrunz.
I'm not a recruiter, but I will gladly send you a bunch of pertaining info on Crossroads Express.

Yes, we're tiny.
And yes, Load-1 is huge.

Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you info on CRE.

ALSO, please plan on PMing our drivers to get the 100% unbiased good and bad. Me not being a recruiter, I don't blow smoke and I don't allow our drivers to either.
They are family to us but we do NOT need/want any one of them portraying our team as anything but what we are.

So CRE team, if you feel like it, please shoot this guy/gal the straight scoop.

Thank you all!!!

And yes, I'm 75% Irish. Not that I look like a leprechaun. LOL!!

murray.sally.jpg

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am a so so golfer at best but a great Irish whiskey drinker.
efd4c706437331dd3ea7e8445452b01c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks for the replys! Sounds like its a waiting line at load1 which could be a good thing, hoping its for the owner ops, that they are only putting on what they can get loaded. Well maybe crossroads will workout thanks a bunch

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the replys! Sounds like its a waiting line at load1 which could be a good thing, hoping its for the owner ops, that they are only putting on what they can get loaded. Well maybe crossroads will workout thanks a bunch
Keep us posted!

markslm

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
trying to find out if either is hiring for cargo van or sprinter. and the good and bad about either one. i was with panther for 3 years from 2011 to 2014. so i know a little about expediting .....and would like to go with a company that dont have a van in every parking lot in america.

Localrunz - As someone who is looking to get in to expediting I can only tell you what my Experience was with Load 1.
I spoke with their recruiter Brian, he had me fill out an application and told me the process takes two weeks and he would get back with me. So after two weeks and not hearing anything I followed up; let just say I did not get very positive results from Brian. OH sorry I did not really do much with your application, this is not a good time, no one is looking to hire a Sprinter or van driver. There is one thing I hate when people tell me they will get back to me and they don't. I get that Recruiters are busy, but It only takes 2 min for an email. Not sure if he was telling the truth, I just did not get a sense that he was interested. Mind you I don't have expediting experience, but I am a Veteran with an active security clearance and I have never been pulled over and I am eager to learn. Everything I have read about Load 1, it seems like a good company, that is why I choose to apply. Hope you have better luck than I did.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

Localrunz - As someone who is looking to get in to expediting I can only tell you what my Experience was with Load 1.
I spoke with their recruiter Brian, he had me fill out an application and told me the process takes two weeks and he would get back with me. So after two weeks and not hearing anything I followed up; let just say I did not get very positive results from Brian. OH sorry I did not really do much with your application, this is not a good time, no one is looking to hire a Sprinter or van driver. There is one thing I hate when people tell me they will get back to me and they don't. I get that Recruiters are busy, but It only takes 2 min for an email. Not sure if he was telling the truth, I just did not get a sense that he was interested. Mind you I don't have expediting experience, but I am a Veteran with an active security clearance and I have never been pulled over and I am eager to learn. Everything I have read about Load 1, it seems like a good company, that is why I choose to apply. Hope you have better luck than I did.
The thing I can tell you about Brian is, he is honest and tells you the truth. Yes he is very busy. When I'm in the safety dept, he is either on the phone or working on the computer.

You must have six months of OTR driving experience to drive a Sprinter here. There's alot of O/O wanting to come over and drivers looking for owners over here to drive for. At the end of the day it's the wrong time to be putting on Sprinters right now. It's slow! Did I mention and said it's slow! The company's that care about there drivers aren't putting on drivers on right now.

Reactions: ntimevan

markslm

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
DollarSign, Thanks for the additional input. Just feeling like my app was going in to the recycle bin. Plus I think I was getting mixed info when I talked to their media person on Facebook, they seemed to indicate as a Veteran that might help and that I should apply. In your experience when is a good time if right now is slow?

Seems hard to get a foot in the door to expediting with no experience. I want to drive for someone for a while before I invest in a vehicle. Thanks

Reactions: thephade2002