Anyone in a Sprinter running for less then .90 a mile?

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
by the number of NEW carriers out there and small mom and pop vans with own authority...there must be money in the system. More and more seem to be getting their own authority.. The BIGger carriers are not our friends either....they talk a good line BUT turn around and sell their loads at cut rate prices to make up what they pay their own fleet....in theory supporting lower rates...if ya talk the talk at least walk the walk...:)

My boss has his own authority and the big 5 expediting companies are paying us an average of 1.35/ mile to move their freight

Just got done going over the cost per load with the boss and we are doing good so far

Gotta love america

Boom badda and my pockets stay fatta!!!!!!

Sent from my QMV7A using EO Forums mobile app

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
My boss has his own authority and the big 5 expediting companies are paying us an average of 1.35/ mile to move their freight

Just got done going over the cost per load with the boss and we are doing good so far

Gotta love america

Boom badda and my pockets stay fatta!!!!!!

Sent from my QMV7A using EO Forums mobile app

Joe
PM me your # again. Didn't save it. I'll be in GR this weekend. Your boss can call me. Mike

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Brokering has been a bit of an eye opener. Sometimes some of the lowest bids I get when I post loads are from larger carriers. The small operations aren't lowballing too bad, with a couple exceptions. I usually throw out the lowest bids anyway and offer the loads to the people who are bidding enough that I'm not afraid of the kind of service I'm going to be getting.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Brokering has been a bit of an eye opener. Sometimes some of the lowest bids I get when I post loads are from larger carriers. The small operations aren't lowballing too bad, with a couple exceptions. I usually throw out the lowest bids anyway and offer the loads to the people who are bidding enough that I'm not afraid of the kind of service I'm going to be getting.

nice to see you thinking with the natural gift God gave you...instead of your wallet...:)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i would not drive for anything less than 1.25

rjthetightway

Seasoned Expediter
The Russians are everywhere and taking these loads at a rate that you couldn't even feed your dogs on let alone survive, sooner or later you'd think they would be out of business...

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
The Russians are everywhere and taking these loads at a rate that you couldn't even feed your dogs on let alone survive, sooner or later you'd think they would be out of business...
An ABlair driver told me that he was getting 58 cents a mile AND HE PAID THE FUEL OUT OF THAT!!! He said it was ok so long as he drove 3,000 to 4,000 MILES A WEEK! :eek::eek:

He did ask me to tell him how to get on with my most excellent carrier... :confused:

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did you mean ABlair or was it someone driving for a barret fleet owner?

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
An ABlair driver told me that he was getting 58 cents a mile AND HE PAID THE FUEL OUT OF THAT!!! He said it was ok so long as he drove 3,000 to 4,000 MILES A WEEK! :eek::eek:

He did ask me to tell him how to get on with my most excellent carrier... :confused:

If my calculation is correct, 4000 miles/week in a [email protected]/mile minus fuel, it's still going to comes out over a grand/week?? Hey but I could be wrong.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is right but wouldn't 2,000 miles a week @ $1.00 a mile be more easy on the body and soul?

Certainly is, that would be an ideal. And if you are lucky to be partner ed with that carrier, hold on to it like a glue, lol. But for many of us, the struggling vanners, it's could be the only option until better opportunity comes along.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
That's ABlair much different than Barrett.

Barrett was great. Lots of miles. Don't think I ever sat a full day. Worked until sprinter owner ****ed me off enough that I DH from Pittsburgh to chicago and dropped his van off and bought my own Promaster cpl days later.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Barrett was great. Lots of miles. Don't think I ever sat a full day. Worked until sprinter owner ****ed me off enough that I DH from Pittsburgh to chicago and dropped his van off and bought my own Promaster cpl days later.

Why didn't you put PM on with Barrett....?

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Why didn't you put PM on with Barrett....?

They weren't taking on anymore fleet owners and I have a little bit diff setup than most guys do so the fleet owner tag applies to my wife. I'm just the driver. If I wanted change from driver to O/O I could have. So called bolt and here we are.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
and there it is..."lots of miles".....:cool:....and the rate was?.....and the % of DH?

.95 loaded. DH was covered 75% of the time at loaded rate. Hardly any loads under 600 miles. % of DH miles was 10-20%. As a newbie I thought it was great. Now I try run less n paid more.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter

A. Blair owns the vehicles though. I always figured they paid a bit more than that. They don't lowball their bids.