Anyone in a Sprinter running for less then .90 a mile?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just wanted to see what the current rates are out there on the eisenhower interstate system. Straights feel free to comment on your RPM as well. ;)

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Its why i left the muti carrier model and went to load-1...i kept seeing the sprinter rate drop over the last 24months. I am hearing from friends that the 3 pallet sprinter loads are going down in price (.80 and lower)and i wonder if its just the smaller carriers trying to get more profit.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
by the number of NEW carriers out there and small mom and pop vans with own authority...there must be money in the system. More and more seem to be getting their own authority.. The BIGger carriers are not our friends either....they talk a good line BUT turn around and sell their loads at cut rate prices to make up what they pay their own fleet....in theory supporting lower rates...if ya talk the talk at least walk the walk...:)

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
by the number of NEW carriers out there and small mom and pop vans with own authority...there must be money in the system. More and more seem to be getting their own authority.. The BIGger carriers are not our friends either....they talk a good line BUT turn around and sell their loads at cut rate prices to make up what they pay their own fleet....in theory supporting lower rates...if ya talk the talk at least walk the walk...:)

Lots of .75-81 pm offers from bolt lately. ****es me off and I turn down a good offer just out of spite but of course I'm in Chicago on the couch so it's easier when mad.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lots of .75-81 pm offers from bolt lately. ****es me off and I turn down a good offer just out of spite but of course I'm in Chicago on the couch so it's easier when mad.

out of principal....I'd go that cheap IF it took me to where I needed to be....Like HOME....MY CPM is under .30 even at .80 a mile I'd be making like 150% profit....you can see why freight is going so cheap.....you guys with a HIGH CPM and families and bills and truck payments...are SOL....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

and I'll tell ya why I like BOLT.....they are truely an real O/O's carrier...they will offer you every piece of crap out there...and they let YOU....YOU not anyone else decides to take it or not....it is completely your choice....

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
what baffles me....over my time I see guys turning down .70-.80 loads...then after 3 days or so take a .20 a mile paid move?....well DOH!....

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Being in a Sprinter is a pain with all the companies going to per mile rate other then a few on a percentage. Most of these per mile companies want to pay new O/O's less then a buck a mile.. some less then 90 cents including FSC....That said, being in a high MPG vehicle you can make a living if you work your butt off, which I hate to do...

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
what baffles me....over my time I see guys turning down .70-.80 loads...then after 3 days or so take a .20 a mile paid move?....well DOH!....

I'll never take a paid mile move. Not worth the phone call to take their cheap *** .10pm move. I've had great days of being around $1pm but it is going down I believe. There is 1 carrier just under a $1 pm flat rate, that's enticing after what I'm seeing. They definitely will offer you everything and then do this reset of hours cuz you refused a .75pm load. 1 dispatcher gave me bs cuz I refused 2 loads. Wondered what it took to load me. Told em and then guess what, right back to the .75pm. I think the competition in Chicago has heated up. Must be more Russians. We're swapping our 14' promaster w/ a 15' pro soon and I'm looking to replace those signs on the side right away w/ a new name or no name. Some guys take whatever is offered. I don't since its negotiation. I want a piece of that $42mil pie they make.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and I'll tell ya why I like BOLT.....they are truely an real O/O's carrier...they will offer you every piece of crap out there...and they let YOU....YOU not anyone else decides to take it or not....it is completely your choice....

I disagree I would say they are part of the problem out here just like the small mom and pops you referanced.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll never take a paid mile move. Not worth the phone call to take their cheap *** .10pm move. I've had great days of being around $1pm but it is going down I believe. There is 1 carrier just under a $1 pm flat rate, that's enticing after what I'm seeing. They definitely will offer you everything and then do this reset of hours cuz you refused a .75pm load. 1 dispatcher gave me bs cuz I refused 2 loads. Wondered what it took to load me. Told em and then guess what, right back to the .75pm. I think the competition in Chicago has heated up. Must be more Russians. We're swapping our 14' promaster w/ a 15' pro soon and I'm looking to replace those signs on the side right away w/ a new name or no name. Some guys take whatever is offered. I don't since its negotiation. I want a piece of that $42mil pie they make.

yep....Chicago, KC and Dallas to Laredo...right up and down the I 35 corridor has been just nasty.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly. Greedy and will try make anything they can at expense of the contractor. Lip service at its best.

that is the real conflict isn't it....a companies NEED to make money at any cost?....and WE have the same need...and somewhere in the middle we have to deal with each other....it is a tough go...

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have found over the last 3 years that expediting is like regular trucking when it comes to rates, the more vehicles there are the less people want to pay. It doesn't matter how much freight is out there someone will take the freight no matter the rate.

The above said, I do like being in a cargo van type vehicle and not having to worry about logs and DOT, but I'll change to a straight truck in a heart beat if rates keep going down. Heck, I'm looking now at driving for someone, but I have to figure out the owner driver split to make sure I make money in the deal...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Ahhh. You watched the Bears game last night...lol
I was surprised yesterday when they offered my minimum pay to turn the key. For a 170 total mile run....Yep I 'all run that.....
El Cheapo dispatcher has only called me 1 time in 3 1/2 months....I think he is tired of Me saying No...
Sometimes it takes a lot of discipline in saying no to a cheap rate.....cuz once you start running the Cheap stuff that's all they're going to offer...
In El Paso last week ..most sprinters were leaving for 50 to 75 cents.....Me I waited 5 days and loaded out for .98 a mile ...

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
that is the real conflict isn't it....a companies NEED to make money at any cost?....and WE have the same need...and somewhere in the middle we have to deal with each other....it is a tough go...

Yes, why should I run to just get by while they make hefty profit on many loads. Great thing about negotiation is when you ramp up the cost to run you can quickly go from $850 to $1,200 on a load. They say they got $1,300 in it eventually. Share more of the pie. My operating cost and bills is very low but I still will stand for something. It's a push and pull and you lose some win some. Maybe I'm asking for too much I don't know. I know I won't get it at bolt the way it looks.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, why should I run to just get by while they make hefty profit on many loads. Great thing about negotiation is when you ramp up the cost to run you can quickly go from $850 to $1,200 on a load. They say they got $1,300 in it eventually. Share more of the pie. My operating cost and bills is very low but I still will stand for something. It's a push and pull and you lose some win some. Maybe I'm asking for too much I don't know. I know I won't get it at bolt the way it looks.

Russians must still be sleeping. .90 all miles over 400 to East Liberty oh

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Ahhh. You watched the Bears game last night...lol
I was surprised yesterday when they offered my minimum pay to turn the key. For a 170 total mile run....Yep I 'all run that.....
El Cheapo dispatcher has only called me 1 time in 3 1/2 months....I think he is tired of Me saying No...
Sometimes it takes a lot of discipline in saying no to a cheap rate.....cuz once you start running the Cheap stuff that's all they're going to offer...
In El Paso last week ..most sprinters were leaving for 50 to 75 cents.....Me I waited 5 days and loaded out for .98 a mile ...

I watched the Bears but I'm a raiders guy. Gotta make all these .80pm loads 2 pay for my honeymoon/raiders trip in November. I don't start van for less $200 99% of time. El cheapo ya mean the guy that now bids loads for them? It's def discipline and more when wife is right there wanting $$$$ lol. If I'm in laredo I'll jump on .80 but not up here. I think they replaced el cheapo w/ another wanna be el cheapo. I'll run til Friday then go make my referee $ all weekend and can say I did real well then lol

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

2015 Expo....are You in a Recruiting Booth....:p...lol