Anyone ever try quitting sugar altogether?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I have to hand it to you no sugar is quite hard. It is hidden in so many things. We gave up HFCS earlier this year, and it has made a difference in how we feel for sure. We do get it occasionally when we eat out, but definitely feel the effects of eating something that you are not used to.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I did it once for about 90 days lost about 45 lbs. However in a truck its nigh on impossible to do.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Giving up sugar is TOUGH. It is hidden in a lot of foods and it is very addictive to me.

MightyMack

Active Expediter
I agree, it is very hard to do, at least at first, but, after that first month, I didn't even miss it anymore. I acquired a new pallet for whole meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and raw honey (which your body metabolizes in a very different way than glucose or sucrose). I gave up sugar and wheat and in 8 months I lost 75 pounds. Of course, I was also walking for 30 minutes 5 nights a week but, I contribute the absence of wheat and sugar in my diet as the main reason why my body lost all that fat, because my blood sugar wasn't spiking and therefore my pancreas didn't have to release insulin, and since my pancreas wasn't releasing insulin, my body didn't store any fat. My energy levels sky rocketed and my skin completely cleared up. I also take several vitamin supplements every day, such as Beta Glucans and L-Citruline.
I now only allow myself a tablespoon of raw sugar on my raw oats in the morning and I only use raw honey on my wheat toast when I occasionally have wheat toast. I stick to a high protein low carb diet of whole foods (no processed foods) and, of course, I allow myself one cheat meal a week... that's one cheat MEAL, not one cheat DAY. LOL. If you are trying to lose fat, do your body a favor and cut out all sugar, sweeteners, and wheat. We are not eating the same wheat our grandparents ate. Gluten is another problem for most people's digestive system. By the way, guess what cancer feeds on? Sugar. That's why the cancer rate was almost non-existent all the way up to the early 1800's, since sugar was too expensive for everyone but the upper class. Now, like some of you have stated, it's in most processed foods in one form or another. Do your body a favor and stay away from processed foods as much as you can. Of course, the FDA will never give you that advice. You only get one body, you might as well take care of it while you're here.