Anybody else annoyed?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
The new type of popups that have been showing up at the bottom of the screen are annoying me, anyone else? Is it because I have a small mind, a malfunctioning mind? I don't know, but it is a real annoyance.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I understand that it probably means nothing to those companies behind those tabs, but based on how annoying the tabs are, I would never recommend anyone to one of those companies....I have heard it said that the owner of one of those companies feels that even bad reaction is a good thing...well he certainly is getting the bad reactions.....:mad:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Well the advertiser may like it but I wonder if the site owner will like the annoyed people. Will I stop coming to the site? no but I will limit how often I come here. USA Today started this stuff this week, I now use a different on line news site. But just how long until this will get stuffed in the Web Services Forum, right next to the pos red tap?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the advertiser may like it but I wonder if the site owner will like the annoyed people. Will I stop coming to the site? no but I will limit how often I come here. USA Today started this stuff this week, I now use a different on line news site. But just how long until this will get stuffed in the Web Services Forum, right next to the pos red tap?

Moose started a thread identical to this one down there already....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I understand that it probably means nothing to those companies behind those tabs, but based on how annoying the tabs are, I would never recommend anyone to one of those companies....I have heard it said that the owner of one of those companies feels that even bad reaction is a good thing...well he certainly is getting the bad reactions.....:mad:

Maybe we can persuade John to pull his ad from the rotation?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Well then lets give them what they want. Why not have everyone fill out a request for more information, then everyone fill out a application. That might keep the intruders of the area of my screen that is mine, busy for a couple of months.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Looks like you got your wish Jim....*L*

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
You can minimize the bar and the box. All that remains after that is a 1.5 inch ad. That's about 6 times smaller than any ad we run on network.

Also, we have removed all the pop-ups from EO.

Stay Safe!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
You can minimize the bar and the box. All that remains after that is a 1.5 inch ad. That's about 6 times smaller than any ad we run on network.

Stay Safe!
Gee did popup blockers have anything to do with it. the middle of the screen is mine.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Stay Safe!

It is red then blue and red....and a pop up is a pop up no matter what you call it...tab or not....neat way to get around pop up blockers....

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
A revolt like in Egypt (just in reverse) seems to be in order, If it's not a big deal why move this to never never land?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Because Jim, this IS the forum for website issues???

They are trying to find a balance thats less that the BIG pop ups.

How bout a little patience here.

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Because Jim, this IS the forum for website issues???

They are trying to find a balance thats less that the BIG pop ups.

How bout a little patience here.

Dale

Your asking expeditors to be patient, that is funny Dale:D

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
To steal my kids phrase... My Bad lol.

Dale

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
I don't see any ads at all.... the space where the ads would be just shows a little red x and no popups at all. Properly configured browser config files 4tw!

fired at you from my Droideka

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I agree guys, let's be a bit patient and let them work through it. Like it or not, the advertisers are who pay to keep this site up and running. No one is paying dues or a membership fee. I may not love the original change, but give them a bit of time to tweak it.