Generators Any one used or using this Generator?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Yeah, at the one I was staying at. Can't remember where, somewhere near Asheville, NC maybe. Good to know that's not the norm.
No, it is not the norm. I haven't been to one that turns it off. Also, home depot has free wifi and they don't turn it off either.

Deville

Not a Member
Camping world is selling a new Gen 3k watt with remote wireless start. It's black and yes quiter than a honda. Called powerhouse.

Wow quieter than a Honda?? that's a bold statement. I was going to post that I am looking to pick up a Honda for myself. I have seen Powerhouse advertised at Home Depot and never gave them another thought because I had decided on a Honda. Gonna check it out now.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about Black Max from Sam's Club? Any opinion? They say it has a Honda engine, while from what I read on internet, the performances are about the same like Powerhouse, only the price is different: $299 for the 3550W generator.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't forget generators do need serviced at times . How is parts availability etc for off brand units. Of course if you only pay 299 that's like having a throw away if it breaks.

guido4475

Not a Member
Don't forget generators do need serviced at times . How is parts availability etc for off brand units. Of course if you only pay 299 that's like having a throw away if it breaks.

Good point as well as how tried and true is the cheaper one going to be? I remember what you went through in Knoxville with the cheap ones you had.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The reviews were mostly favorable... of course, none of them were from expediters, but people using them around the house (or tent if on vacation)...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's great, the pull cord re winder broke on mine, got it fixed and kept it as a spare.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Love's has signs that say 2hr parking but as long as you ask the manager inside then you usually don't have problems.

Yes they do have those signs, but, if you go in and talk to the manager or anyone else and explain that your a expediting van and ask if its okay to park for the night they always say yes